FJ-09 Grip Width?

octane25

Hi there,

I recieved some Oxford heated grips for Christmas, they are the "Adventure" length ones that are 5.2" and can be trimmed to 4.8". Oxford offers two narrower sizes, "Sport" and "Touring" that I think would be more suitable. My bike is currently parked on the other side of the country and I have no way to measure them for a few more weeks, but I have a feeling they will be too long and I would like to exchange them at the local shop here before I go back. Would anyone be able to quickly measure the total width/length of their factory grips for me so I can be sure to get the right ones? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi there, 
I recieved some Oxford heated grips for Christmas, they are the "Adventure" length ones that are 5.2" and can be trimmed to 4.8". Oxford offers two narrower sizes, "Sport" and "Touring" that I think would be more suitable. My bike is currently parked on the other side of the country and I have no way to measure them for a few more weeks, but I have a feeling they will be too long and I would like to exchange them at the local shop here before I go back. Would anyone be able to quickly measure the total width/length of their factory grips for me so I can be sure to get the right ones? Thanks so much in advance.
5.25", about 132mm. You should be good. 

Hi there, 
5.25", about 132mm. You should be good.
Sounds like the ones I have will be perfect then. Thanks again.

Hi there, 

I have oxford adventure and they fit perfect !
Touring model are too short.

Hi there, 
I have oxford adventure and they fit perfect !
Touring model are too short.
same here.....good fit 

Has anyone purchased these and connected them to the FJ-09 controller? I see you can buy the grips individually and I have the Yamaha connector already? The Oxford grip units have very good reviews and using the bikes existing controller would be nice.

http://oxford-products.com/us/products/Replacement-THROTTLE-Heaterz-Premium-Adventure-Grip.html
http://oxford-products.com/us/products/Replacement-CLUTCH-Heaterz-Premium-Adventure-Grip.html

Archived