Help with bar ends

I could use some suggestions. I have removed the hand guards permanently and am left with this – see image. (different grips also). I seek to replace those stock aluminum bar ends with something heavier, and somehow make up for the gap that is going to be created by just bolting a simple cylinder shape on. I am not willing at this time to get a “different handlebar, and thread the ends, etc.” as I’ve seen in some other solutions. Does anyone have any ideas ?
Img_0498small.jpg

Remove the black reducer piece from the hand guard installation and fit FZ-09 bar ends (cheap from the dealer) to the bar (they are nice and heavy, but black). They will screw right into the stock bar. There are plenty of "sliders" out there, but most are light alloys.
Yes, once you remove the reducer any bar end weight with, if I remember correctly, 8 mm bolts fits. 
I took delivery of my FJ-09 in early January 2015, in snowy Canada. I had the hand guards off before ever riding the bike, and bar end weights installed soon after.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Yes, once you remove the reducer any bar end weight with, if I remember correctly, 8 mm bolts fits. 
I took delivery of my FJ-09 in early January 2015, in snowy Canada. I had the hand guards off before ever riding the bike, and bar end weights installed soon after.
...it's the reducer that accepts the M8 bolt size. Without the reducer the opening is much larger... the FZ-09 bar end screws into the bar without the reducer in place.
<goes and looks at my FJ> You're correct! On the left grip even with the reducer, my bar-end weight appears flush to the hand grip. On the right side, there's a few mm gap to the throttle tube/grip. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Supporting Member
Same here.  Even before I bought the bike I saw it on the showroom floor, and the very first thing that caught my eye was how straight and WIDE the bars were with the handguards.  The hand guards were the first thing to go, and the handlebars were second. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
LOL, good eye catching my mistake. I replaced the ridiculously wide stock bars with a set of Rizoma bars with a comfortable bend.
I immediately took advantage....and now we're chuckling at it (much respect for the opportunity). I am eyeing Renthal Fatbar...hmmmm, Rizoma, eh?, and/or Rox risers for a replacement next fall/winter. Time off the bike is making me think of shet I probably don't need. I am bleeding cash... help!
I cant imagine needing Rox risers unless you absolutely need your arms back further into your lap.  I am 6'-1" and sit absolutely bolt upright on this bike.  There have been a few posts in recent weeks about both the Renthal and Rizoma bars.  Check the manufacturers web site for bar dimensions before dropping the cash.  I personally wanted narrower and slightly more rearward sweep for comfort.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived