Getting used to my bike!!!

So I've had my fj for about a month now and I'm getting more comfortable pushing it through the twisties. I rode Sunday with a friend up the mountain and he took his track bike up there which is a 2013 r1. He's all suited up and dragging his knee occasionally , but was not able to just leave me through the tight twisties. I know if we was on a track or was on some longer sweeping curves he would leave me but I was super impressed with the fj 09 and how well it handles with stock suspension. I can't decide if I like riding in a mode or standard through the twisties though.

I like standard through tight stuff. Little less twitchy and a bit smoother. You can iron that out with some better throttle control and steady wrists but I prefer standard. Especially when I have a passenger but sometimes ill kick it into B mode to pull my reins in a bit.

It took me a little bit to adjust to the more upright position on the FJ... much less natural for leaning into turns than my little CBR. The A-mode was too twitchy for me in the twistys... until I installed the kev's O2 module. I found that I rode in A-mode nearly all the time since, unless the roads are wet etc. Now that my ECU's been flashed, I expect the same.

I will be getting ecu flash one day! Have you went over 115 since you had it flashed?

I like standard through tight stuff. Little less twitchy and a bit smoother. You can iron that out with some better throttle control and steady wrists but I prefer standard. Especially when I have a passenger but sometimes ill kick it into B mode to pull my reins in a bit.

I used to ride in STD mode, but have learned to embrace A mode. I haven't taken it out of A mode in probably 6 months and now am able to ride more smoothly in A than in any other mode. Its all about getting a feel for the throttle response and working on throttle control.

I also found that reducing the throttle cable free play and adjusting the chain slack more loose than Yamaha calls for helped smooth out the on/off throttle. Can't wait to send my ECU off to Vcyclenut so he can work his magic.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I used to ride in STD mode, but have learned to embrace A mode. I haven't taken it out of A mode in probably 6 months and now am able to ride more smoothly in A than in any other mode. Its all about getting a feel for the throttle response and working on throttle control.  
I also found that reducing the throttle cable free play and adjusting the chain slack more loose than Yamaha calls for helped smooth out the on/off throttle. Can't wait to send my ECU off to Vcyclenut so he can work his magic.
i will be adjusting the throttle play soon and suspect it will make a big difference and suspension now everything has some miles on them. Most of my rides (besides my commute) is with a passenger. It is funny because i will tell her im putting it in A mode...she will hold so tight i can barely breath, cause she knows she cant stop it haha. Then after, I get the yelling in the intercom and stab in the ribs.

Archived