spring ride in saskatchewan

yes…about time, since spring starts tomorrow. 3 degrees c, sunny, and ugly wind…perfect for the first ride on my new ( to me) FJ. 100 km rip on backroads…with my fjr bags, fjr/vstrom hand guards, and my new xscreen lip.  wow… the heated grips throw a lot of heat, the wind flow with the xscreen is much better (even with strong wind today) … can't wait for more ride time. Like the bike…. definitely different from my fjrs and super T

Any chance you took photos of the modifications required to the V-Strom handguards, if so you should post a thread as it would give the clan another option to consider and can usually be picked up cheap on ebay and hey good on ya for being able to get out for a blast in Saskabush in March

sorry …no pics. the vstrom guards fit on the fjr back in '06 with minimal dremil work. After totalling the fjr on a deer in nov (heavy mental trauma…loved that bike) , I salvaged all i could for the fj which i purchased in dec. The hand guards only took a little more dremil work again to make them look good and work awesomely. reused the bar end of both fjr and fj. the inside mounts are just fj with a few holes drilled for mounting the guards. kept the bags and trunk and even the fenda extender and with a little paint they all look great. The mini trunk is a yamaha tunnel bag for a snowmobile which straps on in a second, looks good and is smaller than my trunk when no copilot accompanies me.  After reading the forum… I see i should have kept all the foot pegs from the fjr also…who knew. Next couple days are cold here , then more positive temps… then will plate the fj and do some "legal " rides on main roads. 18 days and back in Arizona on my Super Tenere….but whose counting…ha

Archived