• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Geting to my Ohlins YA335 compression screw

kimofj

Guys for budget reasons I bought a OHLINS standard YA335 for my FJ09 along  with a K-Tec forks cartridges. After gong through the PIA shock install I realized that the Compression Adjustment Screw is way up at the top of the shock and almost impossible to get to with my fingers let alone a 90° screwdriver. I have about 1/2 an inch clearance to get to the screw which pointing up toward the gas tank.  I thought of  turning the shock 180° to point the screw down but that doesn't seem any easier to get to with tubes and other crap in the way. Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I should have paid the $500 more for remote adjustment. Thoughts. Jim in Ojai CA 

Guys for budget reasons I bought a OHLINS standard YA335 for my FJ09 along  with a K-Tec forks cartridges. After gong through the PIA shock install I realized that the Compression Adjustment Screw is way up at the top of the shock and almost impossible to get to with my fingers let alone a 90° screwdriver. I have about 1/2 an inch clearance to get to the screw which pointing up toward the gas tank.  I thought of  turning the shock 180° to point the screw down but that doesn't seem any easier to get to with tubes and other crap in the way. Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I should have paid the $500 more for remote adjustment. Thoughts. Jim in Ojai CA 
Sorry to disappoint Jim, but the YA335 does not have compression adjustment; only rebound and manual preload. The screw head you're trying to reach is not for consumers, that's the nitrogen fill port. Don't mess with it. 
The YA535 has hose-mounted compression adjustment, rebound adj, and hydraulic preload.

Keep Asheville weird!

Archived