Light size guide

Hdgunnell

• 2 weeks later...
... I need to replace the license plate bulb and want to grab an LED but can't find the size....
This is what I installed...Type 194.
Do you know where to get the same bulb that is stock/what number is it? Broke mine today but just want a cheap replacement. 
2016 FJ09

This is what I installed...Type 194.
Do you know where to get the same bulb that is stock/what number is it? Broke mine today but just want a cheap replacement. 
I ended up just checking around the auto stores (Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts), ended up finding this one . Life time replacement, and only $10. I'm sure if you just check for a regular bulb they'll have it too, and for a little cheaper. But I figured for $10 I have a "lifetime" investment and it looks a little better.  
I also realized the housing and rubber piece they stick the bulb in is ridiculous and barely lets any light out. Maybe it can be tinkered with. 

I ended up just checking around the auto stores (Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts), ended up finding this one . Life time replacement, and only $10. I'm sure if you just check for a regular bulb they'll have it too, and for a little cheaper. But I figured for $10 I have a "lifetime" investment and it looks a little better.  
I also realized the housing and rubber piece they stick the bulb in is ridiculous and barely lets any light out. Maybe it can be tinkered with. 
I actually need to replace the plastic housing that surrounds where the bulb goes in. Is it easy to get that wire out? Does it just run under the seat do you know? Thanks. 
2016 FJ09

Not sure what you mean about tin foil but I will attach a picture. How did I do this? Wow, what a moron I am. I closed my garage door with the remote from my bedroom and watched the door come down and crush that evil abortion of a fender on this bike. I didn't have it far enough in. I could not believe it. When I raised the garage I tried to pull it back but no such luck. It curled the damn plate like a curly fry, snapped one of the reflective license plate holders, and snapped this as well as you see in the pic. Its ironic I was just saying to my buddy today at work how I want to install a fender eliminator BUT NOT YET!!! I literally got 70 miles on the bike and I do this. So since you can see the ear is broken off in the picture I want to replace this part hence me asking if the wiring is easy to take off. When i put the bulb back in after it was on the ground it decided it too had had enough of my stupidity and killed itself. I picked up a 2 pack of 194 bulbs from advance for $4.45. 

IMG_20170428_200031.jpg
2016 FJ09

Archived