Water inside guage

Yes i have had the same thing happen, condensation on the inside of the cluster, i took the hole cluster off and split the case, dried it out and put some silicone sealant around the gasket. I noticed that the top case that houses the glass was slightly bowed. the four hex-head bolts on the front of the case are not what you need to undo, you need to unscrew the six screws at the back, and you can't access them with out removing the cluster.

Yes i have had the same thing happen, condensation on the inside of the cluster, i took the hole cluster off and split the case, dried it out and put some silicone sealant around the gasket. I noticed that the top case that houses the glass was slightly bowed. the four hex-head bolts on the front of the case are not what you need to undo, you need to unscrew the six screws at the back, and you can't access them with out removing the cluster.
Silicone adds lustre to your cluster...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

If i recall correctly, the inside face of the glass is deliberately coated with something like glycerine. This is meant to stop water condensation forming and obscuring the information on the gauges. I occasionally see streak marks on the inside of the screen, at certain combinations of temperature and humidity, but they clear again when the cluster warms up.

My original cluster was replaced by the previous owner though, for "water ingress", so it must be possible.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived