Exhaust differences between FZ09 and FJ09

Guest kernowjim

Guest kernowjim
Hi all

Just wondering if someone can answer this one for me?  Am I right in thinking that the only difference between the FZ09 and FJ09 silencer is the outlet trim shrouds are mounted differently?  I have removed the centre stand from my FJ-09 (Tracer) and was wondering if the FZ-09 exhaust will fit now that the stand has gone.
Thanks
Jim

the mounting tabs on the exhaust can are differ...
This. 
I modified a stock FZ9 exhaust I picked up used, but it would not bolt up to my FJ9...  the tabs on mine were off by ~1/2".  There may be enough dimensional tolerance stacking for it to work some of the time, because others have reported being able to bolt them up, but not mine.

One of these days, I'll get around to moving the brackets so I can try it out, but it's probably going to be way too loud anyway...  :P

Guest kernowjim
the mounting tabs on the exhaust can are differ...
This. 
I modified a stock FZ9 exhaust I picked up used, but it would not bolt up to my FJ9...  the tabs on mine were off by ~1/2".  There may be enough dimensional tolerance stacking for it to work some of the time, because others have reported being able to bolt them up, but not mine.

One of these days, I'll get around to moving the brackets so I can try it out, but it's probably going to be way too loud anyway...  :P
I was wondering whether aftermarket exhausts are interchangeable between the FZ and FJ 

Guest kernowjim
part numbers are different and the shroud mountings (the trim) are different and it appears the actual mounting brackets are in a different place.

@Kernowjim majority of aftermarket exhaust only use 1 of the old stock exhaust mounting tabs(mainly the one on the foot brake side) on the bike... other than that some are very slight misses in terms of fitment that require some washers to act as a space to using a hammer to bump the center stand stop over a smidgen... it seems likethe vast majority of aftermarket exhaust are interchangeable between the FZ and FJ-09...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Guest kernowjim
@kernowjim majority of aftermarket exhaust only use 1 of the old stock exhaust mounting tabs(mainly the one on the foot brake side) on the bike... other than that some are very slight misses in terms of fitment that require some washers to act as a space to using a hammer to bump the center stand stop over a smidgen... it seems likethe vast majority of aftermarket exhaust are interchangeable between the FZ and FJ-09...
Thanks mate that's what I was thinking.  I've removed the centre stand from my bike so I believe the FZ09 exhaust (aftermarket) will fit. If I managed to get one for a good price then I'm sure I can make it fit.

Archived