Throttle body sync tool

I figured I would buy the Motion Pro sync tool since it costs about the same as paying someone to do the job. Their website says that it comes with 5mm adapters but also mentions some that Yamahas need optional 6 mm adapters. Does anybody know for a fact if this is the case? I would hate to not buy them and then find out after I had the entire bike apart that I needed them.

I have a Carbtune Pro synch tool and I just used the rubber hoses on the tool. No adapter was needed. Mine came with adapters but the FJ throttle bodies have nipples on them. You just slip the synch tools hoses onto the nipples after removing rubber caps using a pair of needle nose pliers. Just don't drop the caps down into your engine area. Might be fun to find.

Depending on the year of your FJ, get your ECU flashed while its apart. Well worth it. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Yeah you don't need adapters, the rubber hoses go directly over the vacuum ports on the engine. Those adapters are for connecting the hoses to old carbs that just have a bolt hole for their vacuum port instead of a built in hose connect point.

Coolio. Thanks guys. I will order with confidence. ?I would love to flash it but have two reasons not to right now. $$$$ and time away. It's my only wheels (by choice) so having it out of service for even a few days is a pain at best.

Archived