LED Running/spot/fog lights

nickb

I'm looking to install LED spot lights that have a switch but get power from the low beam i.e. the spot lights come on when the bike is on but I can switch them off at the switch. Has anybody done this? If so, where is (what colour is) the low beam wire as I need to splice my spot lights wire to it? 

Any advice/instructions for the wiring would be appreciated. 

Cheers.

Take a look at Thread starting thus:[b style=font-style:italic] how to wire-in front LEDS - help sought please...[/b]

Read the many posts that followed my plea for similar help when I too wanted to add some LEDs.   Thread was started under General Discussions on May 18th last.   I installed a switch that allows me to have the LEDs on or off when ignition is on.   If I could do it, a Neanderthal cave-man could!

For further chat you may find it preferable to use PM here.   If I can assist, I will.

Good luck!

pic below shows access to wiring under the screen support plate - there are two (2) spare terminal blocks there to use.
P1030746.jpg

P1030747.jpg
P1040129.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...

Archived