My Norwest Rebuilt Shock

madeuce216

So after a conversation with Terry at Norwest via email, I decided to give the rebuild option a shot.   The shock arrived on Wednesday, I  had it installed Thursday night.  Many thanks to ULWEZ for posting the procedure.   If mechanically uninclined me can do it ANYONE can.  So this morning, I took her out for a test ride.  I did not set sag or anything I just took off.  Well...WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE.  To say I'm pleased is an understatement.  The bike handled better and bumps were no longer the jarring experience to my spinal column that it once was.   It probably doesn't make sense but to me the bike just felt more comfortable to ride overall as well as  more composed in turns.  There was no floating feeling when cornering etc.  

I can only imagine what Matt's fork upgrade will accomplish.  Unfortunately, I will have to put that off for another month or so.  If you're inclined to spend the money on one of the more upscale aftermarket options than I say go for it.  However, if you're hesitating on this as a cost effective option don't.   Just get it done.  In fact, If I knew what I know now I probably would have done this before any other upgrades.  Get a cheap chinese screen to address the  crappy stocker then contact Terry at Norwest for your shock.

Norwest Contact

• Supporting Member
If I knew what I know now I probably would have done this before any other upgrades. Norwest Contact

That is the general consensus of almost everyone who hesitates on getting their suspension set-up properly.  I come from a dirt bike background where suspension is paramount to effective riding, safety and general enjoyment.  Its the first mod I do on any bike. I can tell you that Matts fork upgrade is worth every penny.  Get the "full meal deal", you wont regret it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived