FZ6 owner considering upgrading to the FJ-09

I had a 2008 FZ6 back in the day.. the FJ is actually quite comparable to the FZ6.

The FJ has significantly more torque, but top end HP is comparable (my FZ6 was 108hp I believe). The FZ6 was one of the smoothest motors on a motorcycle I've ever experienced. The FJ is smooth but does have some buzziness to it at certain RPMs. It's hard for me to remember (and I was less skilled of a rider) but I feel like the FJ is a bit more maneuverable in terms of being able to flick it over with ease (probably due to the wide handlebars).

Seating position is similar from what I remeber with the FJ being sightly more upright. Seat and wind protecton in Stock form I actually prefer the FZ6... I now have a Puig touring screen and Sargent seat so that's taken care of.

All in all the FJ has been my favorite bike I've owned, but the FZ6 will always have a place in my motorcycle heart.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Instrument cluster stays around 48mpg. So probably 45mpg actual. I fill up around 190-195 miles on the tank and it usually takes about 4.2 gallons (never more than 4.5)

You will be hard pressed to find a bike that performs like th FJ and keeps that gas mileage. The FZ6 was one of them but there aren't many out there and I would argue the FJ out performs the FZ6.

Rode with some FZ-10s not too long ago and had some laughs when they were getting around 30mpg, but I could keep up with them on the streets. Of course the FZ-10 will out run the FJ if push came to shove, but on the back roads it was no problem keeping up while averaging high 40s mpg.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

^that's cool! My first ever was a FZ6. Funny thing just last weekend my buddy and i traded bikes. His is a FZ6. He's the one that pointed out the FJ09 to me and got me hooked. It was fun to trade and i would do it again but i could never go back. Had to make a huge conscious effort to rolling the throttle. Sooo smooth but had to twist pretty dang far to get going, LOL. I thought both bikes wanted to turn in easily but for different reasons. Didn't get to push it past the speed limit thou. He was in front and a granny rider.
My cluster says around 45mpg but real word is 40.5...stop light to stop light, only on the second fillup so hoping better later.

*i'm less skilled of a rider now, Bwahahah. There's a couple stories in there somewhere.

Archived