• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Greetings from Denmark

iversen

Hi allJust a hello from Dk.I have a midlife crisis so i bought a motorcycle, my first one. Yamaha mt09 tracer, 2016
Now i found out the i have to buy all kind of equipment, so i will have a lot of questions smiley.png
I hope you will bare over me, first for my bad english and second if i put my questions in the wrong post/place
My first questin is about a internet store - http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shark-evo-one-krono-mat-kyw-sale/I have look at a helmet from there, it is the cheapest i can find online, maybe i havend look the right places.Can you tell me if the shop is ok.
And if any bode knows about the helmet i would like to hear about that. is helmet size standart? i think i am a 56I dont know anything about mc or equipments so i am starting from scratch
There are two types KYW and a KSW (twice the price)I am new so can anyone tell me the difference.
I will start a new post about luggage and what i need to put a topboks on it and wich one i shoul look at.
Regards Jean

• Premium Member
Helmets are very difficult to fit (at least for me) off the internet. My suggestion is to find a local dealer and go try a bunch of helmets on in the showroom and find what shape head you have, and which helmets fit the best. Even if it costs a bit more, it's much cheaper than having to buy a different helmet after riding for a few months because it doesn't really fit very well. Each manufacturer makes the helmet sized slightly differently, so make sure you try on the helmet you want to purchase before making your final decision.

As for luggage, I bought the Shad side bags and top bag. They are well made, and look good on the bike. Shad can be a pain to deal with, so find a dealer (or internet store) that sells them, and you should be fine. They install very easily, and can re-keyed so they all use the same key.

Hope this helps, and good luck.....

Agree with David, go to showroom and try on several helmets. Hopefully you find a salesperson who knows what their doing and can fit you properly. Take your time and get a good one. Choosing the Tracer as your first bike, you definitely want a good helmet so don't buy a cheap one. Expect to pay between 1900 for a lower end to 4750 Krone for a real good full face helmet. I would suggest only buying online once you know exactly which brand, model and size fits you correctly and works best for you. Shuberth, Arai, Shoei, AGV, HJC and Bell all make great helmets but fit slightly different. Hopefully you have a standard shaped head which makes the process much easier.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Thank you for reply.
I have to look for a dealer in DK for this helmet.
I look at this shark helmet becouse the feture that it can be a open helmet when it's hot and I am crusin around.
I don't know the rules in UK but in DK it's no allowed to drive whit a open flip up helmet but you can drice whit this.

I know it's a big mouthfull but it was this or a tiger 800 and this one was alot cheaper.

Hi @iversen, welcome to the forum.

helmetcity is a reputable dealer in the UK if you end up buying from them, but it is good advice to try the helmet for fit with your head shape first.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Hi @iversen , welcome to the forum. 
helmetcity is a reputable dealer in the UK if you end up buying from them, but it is good advice to try the helmet for fit with your head shape first.
I can second this.  I purchased my current lid, a Shoei GT Air, from Helmetcity last year.  Extremely good price and free shipping to Sweden.  I recommend them. 
CS

Archived