• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New member, no FJ, yet....

bigdog

Am currently on a KTM Adventure 1190 (not the R model), but have had for 3 years so maybe time to change?
I have always been a "sport-Tour" guy, living and riding in Colorado and New Mexico for 35 year. I'm 58  but still ride pretty quick and wear our my tires in very little time. 

I've owned two Triumph triples and I loved them both, (Tiger 1050, longest time I ever kept a bike, and Street Triple 675 (just too naked for what I ride) 

Currently in Montrose Colorado, and would like to at least sit on a new GT, but no dealers west of Denver have the bike in stock

I can get a '15-17 FJ09 for about $7K, but sure do like the idea of the better suspension and cruise control on the GT

So, anyone move from a KTM 1190 (not the R model) to a FJ or the new GT? 

• Supporting Member
Currently in Montrose Colorado, and would like to at least sit on a new GT, but no dealers west of Denver have the bike in stock

I can get a '15-17 FJ09 for about $7K, but sure do like the idea of the better suspension and cruise control on the GT

If you could pick up a left over pretty cheap, you could install the MCCruise and upgrade the suspension for about $2k. 

Its probably just just a matter of time until the GT arrives, several dealers on the West coast have had them since June. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Are there other real benefits to the GT other than suspension and Cruise Control?

Revised fairing, windshield, traction control (I think?) seats and also legroom and position were re-designed, and the bags come standard.

If you’re in Montrose, call over to Davis and see if they have one. I can’t speak for the sales side, but the service guys know their stuff.

-Skip

none at Davis and none expected.
Headed to Denver and I'll throw a leg over
Not sure I am ready to give up the advantages of the KTM 1190: more power and better at dirt roads, great brakes and technology that seems to work well (Leaning ABS, cool stuff). Drawbacks are it's a heavier (50 pounds), and pretty darn tall. The KTM handles very well with light steering for its size. I assume the GT will handle great.

Archived