NHRA at Maple Grove

ayrton

Rode 2 up with a female friend and the bags on to the NHRA races in Maple Grove, PA this weekend.  Over an hour of back road riding in the country.  Lots of traffic in the last 2 miles, but I rode past it all on the left.  Glad to be on a bike while the big trucks and SUV's sit in line.  Then there is a special area to park bikes right up front.  Very cool.

Before the ride I checked air pressure in the tires, and I noticed that the recommended pressures are always the same, regardless of weight.

I expected some softness and wallowing, but, boy, the bike was great - smoothed out bumps, firm, responsive, powerful.  I love this thing.

Those top fuel dragsters - well - indescribable.  That noise, the eyes tear, the nose and mouth burns, the ground shakes, your internal organs vibrate.  Geez.

Good luck to our friends in the south - looks like a bad storm.

Those top fuel dragsters - well - indescribable. That noise, the eyes tear, the nose and mouth burns, the ground shakes, your internal organs vibrate. Geez.

the smell alone makes you wanna go fast!!
im lucky enough to live 1/2 hr away from US-131 drag strip and they are allow the TopFuels run the full 1/4 mile... its mind boggling to comprehend 4.4 secs to clear a 1/4 mile from a dead stop and the FJ-09 can bearly clear 330feet in 5secs ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived