Battery Question.....

tktplz

I was going on a trip the other week and noticed that after the bike was off the battery tender for about a week without being started it didn't start. 30 minutes on the tender and fired up. Started good every day after that on the trip. Anyway, I got another battery for the bike, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09. YTZ10S is what it calls for. That's what I got, questioning why some add a -BS to it but that's what I got and the posts are backward. What's up with that? Is this a thread I've missed?

Battery-Pic.jpg

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
@tktplz - Be aware that the battery mounts into the bike laid over on its side. It’s not apparent when you’re first looking at the battery in the bike that it’s the writing on the side of the battery you see from the top, and the traditional ‘top’ of the battery is actually facing towards the right side of the bike.

Flip that new battery 180 degrees, then lay it over into its side, and the terminals are in the correct location. I hope that make sense...

@tktplz - Be aware that the battery mounts into the bike laid over on its side. It’s not apparent when you’re first looking at the battery in the bike that it’s the writing on the side of the battery you see from the top, and the traditional ‘top’ of the battery is actually facing towards the right side of the bike.  
Flip that new battery 180 degrees, then lay it over into its side, and the terminals are in the correct location. I hope that make sense...
DOH!!!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Archived