Interchangeable wheels?

aaron292

If this has already been asked please direct me to the post. I looked and couldent find anything. I have a 2017 fj09 that recently took a nice chunk of concrete to the front tire bending my rims edge out a bit. Not the tire is unbalanced and frankly I dont like playing games with tires and wheels. My question is are wheels interchangeable between years and models? 15,16,17 and fz09,fz07 and so on. I know the rear is alittle more difficult due to ABS but the front seems to be just a simple set up. Any answers would help here. Thanks guys!

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, aaron292 said:

I know the rear is alittle more difficult due to ABS but the front seems to be just a simple set up. Any answers would help here. Thanks guys!

BOTH front and rear rims have speed rings for ABS and or traction control.

The FJ has had ABS since its release in '15, I am not sure what year the FZ got ABS.

The easiest thing to do is check an online parts fiche and cross reference part numbers between the FJ, FZ and XSR.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 10 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, aaron292 said:

If this has already been asked please direct me to the post. I looked and couldent find anything. I have a 2017 fj09 that recently took a nice chunk of concrete to the front tire bending my rims edge out a bit. Not the tire is unbalanced and frankly I dont like playing games with tires and wheels. My question is are wheels interchangeable between years and models? 15,16,17 and fz09,fz07 and so on. I know the rear is alittle more difficult due to ABS but the front seems to be just a simple set up. Any answers would help here. Thanks guys!

i had bent rim on my used 2017 fz09 (MT09) didnt realize it was bent until i got home . I found 2016 fj09 that was being part out. Rims, rotors are identical. all i had to do was remove the old front wheel and stick the used fj09. i have not tried the rear wheel eventhough i also have a spare FJ09 rear. in short both front and back look identical.