New Tracer!

michaelb

Hi Michael, from a fellow Croydonian glad you made it here - pleased to hear you got your bike, eventually, and are enjoying it - pity the weather not so good today.

Only got 20 miles in yesterday, weather is awful today. Have had a moan to Yamaha about heated grips being on back order until July..why do I need the grips in July? It's cold now!
Should be getting panniers soon, either the panniers or stays were on back order as well. Lamba fitted my fenda extenda, charging lead and sat nav cable as well as fitting my telferizer. Treated myself to a brand new garmin 590lm sat nav!!

• Premium Member
How do you put photos on here? Thanks
This should help 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Only got 20 miles in yesterday, weather is awful today. Have had a moan to Yamaha about heated grips being on back order until July.
I think they had a bad day in the shop yesterday, when I went in they seemed more miserable than usual not helped by my cancelling my Givi rails and rack and told them to either sort the SatNav bracket with Yamaha or cancel that too. 
Can't understand just how Lamba and Yamaha UK got caught so short - hopefully the pannier kit will be in soon. It is just plain daft only being able to supply heated grips in summer!
It was my birthday yesterday and I was amendment I was going to get out for a few hours I managed just around 100 miles- think I'm still trying to thaw out.

I have been around the houses on the 590LM, thanks to non delivery of the bracket I was forced to use the Garmin fittings (same RAM kit as the 590) that came with my 550, might just stick with that at least for now. How did they mount the 590 for you?

• Premium Member
Only got 20 miles in yesterday, weather is awful today. Have had a moan to Yamaha about heated grips being on back order until July..why do I need the grips in July? It's cold now! Should be getting panniers soon, either the panniers or stays were on back order as well. Lamba fitted my fenda extenda, charging lead and sat nav cable as well as fitting my telferizer. Treated myself to a brand new garmin 590lm sat nav!!
good luck with the moan - I put a post on Facebook and emailed Yamaha UK. Just got a standardised corporate response from both.  
I did a 90 mile round trip to this popular biker's cafe near Leominster, yesterday. Too cold and sleety today for a ride

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DomsBikeStop/?fref=ts
http://goo.gl/maps/QMLcv 
http://domsbikestop.co.uk/
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
To keep from having lots of text in your link that just muddies the water, I would suggest the following:
Note: unless it doesn't work, then muddy away.

1. From within a Reply or Quote, click on the third set of icons, then the first one that says Link
2. You will see two text boxes, one says Text: link, the other says URL: http://
3. Under text, remove the word “link” and insert what you want, say, UK ride spot
4. Under URL:, remove the http:// and insert your new link.
5. Click Create Link and you are done.
Example:

UK Bike Stop Linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
that's all fine & dandy and I use that facility sometimes but I wanted readers to know they were clicking a facebook link, maps link & personal website link. In this case, deliberately choosing the short URL for google maps, I think the post is clearer as the purpose of each URL is axiomatic.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
that's all fine & dandy and I use that facility sometimes but I wanted readers to know they were clicking a facebook link, maps link & personal website link. In this case, deliberately choosing the short URL for google maps, I think the post is clearer as the purpose of each URL is axiomatic.
Sounds like a good plan. Was just trying to help. Carry on. super_zpsd4x7by7h.gif 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I fitted the 590 hsing a telferizer mount. It replaces on the the bolts holding the bars. Very simple and effective solution. 20 quid plus postage. Dont know how to lut links but google telferizer, had one on my sprint and did 30000 trouble free miles across europe.

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are sorry to confirm that the heated grips for the MT-09 Tracer are currently out of stock, due to unprecedented sales across Europe.

Naturally it is unfortunate that the heated grips were not available at the time you collected your new Tracer, however the next batch of stock is currently estimated to start shipping to our dealers at the end of April with further stock following in mid June, your dealer Lamba Motorcycles will be able to confirm when your particular order will be due, the estimated dates for shipping are always subject to change and we will advise dealers based on the information available at the time of their enquiry.

Regarding the panniers, these are currently estimated to start shipping to dealers at the end of March as previously advised to our dealer network when the product was announce

Archived