Bad Tip over switch ?

xsquid

Ok so I installed a dynojet quick shifter for my 2016 FJ 09. The bike was flashed by Vcyclenut in 2015. Which I love.   I also bought the the harness to connect to the quick shifter form  Vcyclenut.  He told me to buy the Dynojet one as  the Flash tune quickshifter sold on his sight is was back ordered.  So I tested it in Dec on the center stand it seemed to work. I just to the bike out today as warmer weather is here. It seems to work for three shifts then it stopped working. I tested the dynojet quick shifter with a meter it closes on the upshift. But I think I have a bad tip over switch. I started the bike unscrewed it rotating it side to side the bike keeps running. I would think it would shut off if it where working. I don't have a shop manual. Is there a test for the tip over switch. I put my meter on it flipping it side to side it just stays closed. I think its bad just want to make sure before I spend 65 dollars. Thanks Xsquid

• Supporting Member

Looks like you should be looking for output values when checking the sensor. Need to rig up a harness. Defective sensor will return an error code btw.

CROP_20190324_212833.jpg.b0bfced4d268eb2f1063dc0a0332a356.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Have no check engine light. But wouldn't the bike shut off if I turned the switch on its side. Confirming the switch was working or not. I was reading elsewhere on this sight a guy was also having trouble with his quick shifter. He also put in a new tip over switch. He turned his on it side and the bike shut off. Mine keeps running. Just seeing if anyone else has tried this. I did order a new switch. But if this turns out I need the bike side harness instead of the tip over switch harness. Not happy. Any input is appreciated

Well my tip over switch came in. Just as as I was about to install it . It dawned om me. I had the bike on the center stand but the side stand was probably down. I bet that's why the bike didn't shut off when I tipped the switch over. Sure enough! My switch wasn't bad. But the problem still remains? I tested my dynojet switch multiple times with a meter it working. I have been in touch with Vcyclenut. He sent me a pic how to test with a meter the output wires going to the ECU. Everthing is testing ok. Now he says he would have to reflash my bike for the bike side harness. The only reason I went this route because it was an easy install. And he said it would work for my year bike.  But I do all my mods in the winter here. No that spring is here I want to ride. Not have the bike down. I'm already into this thing for like almost 300 dollars. Between the links, quick shifter and the harness from Vcyclenut. Now I have to spend another 60 dollars on a bike side harness. I might just sell it and cut my losses. I really was looking forward to this. 😕IMG_3727.JPG.c22ae1a9a1bc4b3d3ae727f3b40bfd18.JPG

Archived