Check Engine Light - Code 069 - Less than 5 miles

• Premium Member
Figured out the check engine light. I had run it in first gear while on the center stand. The monitoring system figures there is something wrong if the front wheel sensor does not report rotation but the rear one does. It cleared itself with a ride around the block.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 2015 with less than 300 miles on it (picked it up Monday) now has the check engine light and a code of 069. It also makes the most horrible shrieking noise at idle until it is warmed up (no relation I'm sure, but thought I would mention it).
Possible clutch plates on the shrieking noise. Any change if you pull the clutch lever? 
069 should be a simple fix

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
No change when pulling in the clutch. The noise gradually diminishes as the bike warms up. It did it the first time I heard it started at the dealer when I picked it up new. Naturally, they assured me "they all do that". If I had had any sense I would have asked them to start another one and let me listen to that one too.

No change when pulling in the clutch. The noise gradually diminishes as the bike warms up. It did it the first time I heard it started at the dealer when I picked it up new. Naturally, they assured me "they all do that". If I had had any sense I would have asked them to start another one and let me listen to that one too.
Sending PM 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived