Outfitting help requested

On 1/10/2020 at 9:03 PM, tinkerfreak said:

It's nice to know what other people have done to their bikes and to know what is available on the market, but, only you can determine what you find objectionable or needing upgrade on your machine and taking care of those issues first, then you can look at the other farkles as your wallet permits. Go out ride it for a few months and take it from there as farkling is highly addictive and tends to have a brutal effect on your bank account. I really shouldn't be the one giving advise here because I am the poster child for farkling!

Something I like about this bike I've found is there's far fewer "must have" bits.  Most bikes have a laundry list of things that need fixing from the factory.  Most of the stuff is random cosmetic farkles, which is a nice change from some other bikes I've owned. Particularly with the GT, there's so little stuff even to add.

• Thumbsup 1

I would have to say get what you will need  right off the bat(gps mount, cel phone mount, tank bag etc...everyone is different).  

Then ride the bike and you will figure out what you need to make it comfortable for you.  In my case I had to get a custom seat right away because the '16 FJ09 seat is a torture device(the newer seat seems a bit better). Then after riding it on a few longer day rides I knew I needed to get some highway pegs mounted due to my bad hip so I could stretch it out to extend my day.  My Helibars handlebar riser was also excellent in adding comfort for me also.  Then came the Givi top case, rubber foot pegs, power port and coming this winter MC Cruise control....then I think I will be done.  

As you can see my needs were different than others on here, all great suggestions mind you.  Once you ride it a get a couple of miles on it....then come back here and get some great info on the things you are looking for.

Welcome to the forum @DaBizness

• Thumbsup 1