SW Motech racks for the FJ

• Premium Member
I had SW Motech racks on both my K-L-R 650 and an F800GS that I owned.  Great racks that accept a number of manufacturer's cases.  The quick release feature leaves only a few small mounting tabs on the bike if you want to remove them.
Sadly, these racks aren't available for the FJ... yet.
I emailed SW Motech yesterday to inquire if racks for the FJ were in the works.  This is the response that I got:
[em]Hi Robert,

thanks for your email and your trust in our products. Our side rack as well as our rear rack will be available in October 2015. Before that date you only get the OEM racks directly from Yamaha.

Cheers.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Marius Sarrach
Sales[/em][em]
[/em]I just hope that I can wait until October.  Trips planned for the warmer months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
The alu SW Motech cases will fit using the OEM Yamaha side racks 
http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_message/27097712#27097712
Hard to tell what's what in those pictures, but there is clearly a rack for the sidecases. Looks like it is attached to a plastic bracket of sorts that is bolted over the stock FJ side case carriers. Wonder why they're not available here yet?

The alu SW Motech cases will fit using the OEM Yamaha side racks 
http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_message/27097712#27097712
Hard to tell what's what in those pictures, but there is clearly a rack for the sidecases. Looks like it is attached to a plastic bracket of sorts that is bolted over the stock FJ side case carriers. Wonder why they're not available here yet?

SW Motech is making that rack for Yamaha Europe.  I am guessing that they have a 'do not compete' agreement with Yamaha as part of the deal.  This could be why SW Motech is waiting until October to release their usual style of rack.  I believe they have it developed as the rack was in the photo of the MT-09 Tracer on SW Motech's website for a time.  Personally, I think this Yamaha rack is a bit bulky looking.  I hope the SW Motech version will be their usual style, more discrete.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Archived