Greetings From Colorado

couter

Well, Hi!
My name is Brett Coutermash- Everyone calls me Couter (think dukes of hazard, mechanic kind of guy that also makes for good bar talk) I've been riding since I was in my teens, and for the first time just upgraded to a new bike. For the past 7 years I've relied on an old 1984 Honda Sabre. Weighing a ton, but had the power to push it as fast as I wanted it to go. 

So I found the FJ-09 and bought it without telling the pretty much wife... You can imagine how that went.

Since I've been in the dog house since Tuesday the 24th, I was able to put enough miles on in a week to get my first service. So not all is bad in life.

A few things about me, I am a go big or go home kind of person, so when I bought the FJ-09, it became an immediate requirement that I learn everything I possibly can about this motorcycle. We'll see where the next few months I end up with the bike. Look foward to chatting and maybe enven getting to ride with you guys. Thanks

Guest eatpasta
So I found the FJ-09 and bought it without telling the pretty much wife... You can imagine how that went. 
Since I've been in the dog house since Tuesday the 24th, I was able to put enough miles on in a week to get my first service. So not all is bad in life.

A brave soul!! 
friday_zpszdqtroie.gif

I have heard about guys changing out their bikes and their wives not knowing the difference.  Unfortunately my wife says stuff like "hey did I hear the Speed Triple missing a little?" so Im not pulling anything with her but that's a couple reasons that I married her as well - she actually cares about bike stuff and is smart as a whip.
     Either way congrats on the bike and I hope that your lady will cool off sooner or later.  Just take her for a ride!  All will be forgiven.

oh and welcome to the site!

My lady is detail oriented too, she knew right away. Things have smoothed over so no worries there. :)
We did go to dinner on two up a day before I dropped it off for service, and since she and I arent the tallest people, we had a few people chuckling as she climbed aboard. I'll sort it out when I have money again, until then just gonna ride.
stay safe out there

Guest eatpasta
My lady is detail oriented too, she knew right away. Things have smoothed over so no worries there. :) We did go to dinner on two up a day before I dropped it off for service

awesome - good to hear.  Nothing smooths things over like a nice two-up ride.  How do you like it with a passenger?  How did she like it?     One of the things that we dont have on this site is a write up from a passenger

I'll get on that tonight, I'll throw a post up as soon as I get the chance to ask her about it in more detail. That day she said it was nice... Knowing how gearheads are, I better get a little more info.

Guest eatpasta
I'll get on that tonight, I'll throw a post up as soon as I get the chance to ask her about it in more detail. That day she said it was nice... Knowing how gearheads are, I better get a little more info.
 Im sure a lot of guys on here are considering their significant other when they are buying these bikes, so an honest review of being on the back of one would be a lot of help Im sure to others.
   I'd have my wife do one but alas, no FJ

bncry_zpsuymuiwxp.gif

• Premium Member

I used the same (lack of) strategy.  It was a week before guilt got the best of me and finally told my wife that there was another bike in the garage.  Who knows how long it would have been before she noticed.  As it was, she must have walked past the thing a dozen time before I told her. Although things were a little chilly at first, she got over it fairly quickly.  Of course, buying her the fancy new split king size adjustable bed that she's been wanting sped up the healing a little bit. :D

The important thing is that it doesnt get in between the ladies. Luckily I didnt have to buy her a matress, just a couple nights out for dinner.

If there is a next time when I buy a bike, i'm taking her with me.

Archived