Ride review

tomfromon

• Premium Member

Yes! This is what I've been waiting to hear! 8.5 out of 10 sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me.

Of course, the first comment after the article is someone griping about how "Yamaha really missed it with this bike" because the tank is only good for 180 miles instead of 220. Really?! Give me a break. ...

Yes! This is what I've been waiting to hear! 8.5 out of 10 sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me.

Of course, the first comment after the article is someone griping about how "Yamaha really missed it with this bike" because the tank is only good for 180 miles instead of 220. Really?! Give me a break. ...
HaHa!  I know man and like 180 miles per tank is going to be real world on a brand new bike ridden balls out all day too!

Hahahah, I saw that too.  Sounded like some of the critics on another "adventure" forum I lurk on.   If I ride past 150 miles straight, it doesn't matter how comfy the bike is,  I'm going to be sore and in need of a stretch.

Seems a general tendency on the interweb...if you have no intention whatsoever of buying a bike what better is there to do then to bitch and whine about it....'the bike is too heavy, too expensive, it does not have cruise control, it does have ABS and TC (and I don't want that), it has only a 250 mile range I need at least a 500 mile range'........and so on

My only concern is that there will not be enough Tracers (FJ-09)....and what colour to pick :D

• Premium Member
I'm glad to hear from multiple reviews that Yamaha appears to have addressed the fueling and suspension issues of the FZ with this bike. I'll probably upgrade my forks and shock with some Race Tech bits, but it's good to know it'll handle better right out of the box.

After reading all the comments on the standard MT-09/FZ-09 suspension I was a bit worried, but it seems the changes Yamaha has made work out well. But personally I have no problem spending money on a suspension upgrade (The Hyperpro plant is nearby) if that makes a good bike even better ::)

Archived