Magnetic Tank Bag

• Premium Member
The tank is plastic, you won't be able to use a magnetic tankbag unless you do something tricksy like glue magnets to the inside of the tank.

I opted to get a fill ring tank bag, a Givi XS308.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

The tank is plastic, you won't be able to use a magnetic tankbag unless you do something tricksy like glue magnets to the inside of the tank. 
The gas tank is metal, but the front 1/4 of it is plastic covered. This has already been discussed in a few threads on the forum, so a search...

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

So I've been using a Joe Rocket Manta Tank Bag on my FZ6 and FZ8.  Like it because it's not massive but still carries the stuff I need to get to quick.  Was thinking it wouldn't work on the FJ because of all the plastic but to my surprise it works out great.  The two magnetic side flaps fit the tank perfectly, the top one I don't use, and I just push the bottom one up a little bit and the magnet attaches.  It also forces the front down a little bit which is nice.  Think I'm going to stick with it unless I see something better.  Have gotten pretty use to it since it's been on all my different bikes.

• Premium Member
The gas tank is metal, but the front 1/4 of it is plastic covered. This has already been discussed in a few threads on the forum, so a search...
Oh, so I *didn't* need to guy a whole new tank bag?  Oh well, I got a nice tankbag out of that misinformation so not all is lost. :-)
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Oh, so I *didn't* need to guy a whole new tank bag?  Oh well, I got a nice tankbag out of that misinformation so not all is lost. :-)
Is that a euphemism Jim? blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived