Denali D4 or S4 DRL mounting options

Anybody installed the Denali D4 or S4 DRL? I want to put a set on my 2015 FJ-09 but not sure what would be the best mounting option.

I've looked at a few crash bar options but I want to make sure that the turn signals are not in the way of the DRL's. I don't ride at night but have been

very impressed by the lights I've seen on BMW's and would like to have that kind of visability. Any pics would be much appreciated.

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, pedropat said:

Anybody installed the Denali D4 or S4 DRL? I want to put a set on my 2015 FJ-09 but not sure what would be the best mounting option.

I've looked at a few crash bar options but I want to make sure that the turn signals are not in the way of the DRL's. I don't ride at night but have been

very impressed by the lights I've seen on BMW's and would like to have that kind of visability. Any pics would be much appreciated.

Since you don't ride at night and only want a daytime running light for more visibility to other drivers, I personally thing getting a $400 set of lights is WAY overkill, especially since generic LED DRL's can be found on Amazon for around $50. 

Like you, I don't ride at night and only need to be visible to other drivers, I chose these Denali DRL's, very sturdy, bright and waterproof.  I have them mounted exactly as pictured. 

dnl.drl10100_web6.jpg

This Daytime Running Light Kit is designed for fitting a pair of DENALI DRL...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...

I have an Adventure Tech light mount being shipped to me and have not decided on which lights to get yet for the GT.   Had their light mount on my last bike, a Vstrom 1000, and mounted Denali D4's to it.   Had them wired to the high beams so flip on the highs and daylight.  Have tried to find other lights that compare but am having a hard time not buying the D4's again.  They turn the night into day which in my area is a huge benefit.  Not a lot of ambient light here unless it's a full moon. 

The Denali's have saved my bacon more than once during night rides.   Came over a small hill one time that was going out of a small town and the lighting changed cuz on the other side of the hill there were no street lights as the road headed into a forest.  Flipped on the Denalis and stabbed the brakes as there were at least 15-20 deer right on the side of the road.  Idled past them :)  Never saw them with the Vstrom stock lights until I flipped the switch.   

A light like that also makes night rides very enjoyable.  Way less traffic, cooler temps, etc., they make it fun to ride at night.  The only downfall is the bugs.  Anyway I'm once again leaning towards the big money D4's.