• Supporting Member

Based upon another thread involving Nikens that were totaled/salvaged, thought I'd start a new thread to remember those Nikens that were not with us that long, what took them from this world, and any final thoughts from their owners. Please list model, model year, date, country, last six digits of VIN, and cause. 

reflection_pond.jpg

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

Not sure if I should be in here.

My Niken GT isnt dead, but it has been moved on. I genuinely loved it, but I am 5'6" and after nearly dropping it on a steep camber (British roads are very, very cambered) I decided that it was only a matter of time before I did drop it and it was gonna be expensive to sort. Traded it in for a Suzuki GSXS1000, which is not nearly as plush or refined, but has a seat heigh of 30.5" and is much narrower.

I enjoyed my Niken, but not for the first time my short stature has limited my time with a bike.

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, pilninggas said:

Not sure if I should be in here.

My Niken GT isnt dead, but it has been moved on. I genuinely loved it, but I am 5'6" and after nearly dropping it on a steep camber (British roads are very, very cambered) I decided that it was only a matter of time before I did drop it and it was gonna be expensive to sort. Traded it in for a Suzuki GSXS1000, which is not nearly as plush or refined, but has a seat heigh of 30.5" and is much narrower.

I enjoyed my Niken, but not for the first time my short stature has limited my time with a bike.

Totally ok post. Part of me hopes that Yamaha will address this as product improvement feedback to make a future generation Niken better. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, Heli ATP said:

Sort of a strange thread but looks like someone has parted out a Niken and has the parts for sale on eBay...

C3 Cycle Tech on eBay

That does look like a Niken that saw an early demise. Be interesting if they had a source VIN...

2019 Niken GT