Installed my aux lights, hooray!

On 6/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, DavidS said:

You can decide which items you want wired to switched accessories vs those that are always live.

Question: I'm trying to figure out how wiring a fuse block would let you choose which things are on with ignition and which are always on? Can someone clarify? That would be one of my main reasons for doing this. I know you can put a relay into the system somewhere, though I don't know how or where. 

1 hour ago, Salish900 said:

Question: I'm trying to figure out how wiring a fuse block would let you choose which things are on with ignition and which are always on? Can someone clarify? That would be one of my main reasons for doing this. I know you can put a relay into the system somewhere, though I don't know how or where. 

The Fuze Block brand takes both a constant hot and switched power and has a relay on board.  There are two distinct "buses" that you can choose from when inserting your fuse (to make the connection for that terminal.  One is constant hot and the other is switched.  So, you choose by inserting the fuse into different "sockets."  Hopefully this diagram helps:

fz-header.jpg

• Thumbsup 1