What is this tiny part, please?

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
http://i.imgur.com/FLNiVMJ.jpg
Pushed the bike off its main stand onto the side stand: this tiny black plastic part (some sort of clip, perhaps) fell out of the lhs.

It’s 3/4” long x ½” wide x ¼” thick, and appears to be ‘folded’ along one long side and open along another long side (shown in the pic) so as to slip onto a flat-edged surface (guessing), maybe securing a wire or whatever?

Can anyone please tell me what it is, and more importantly where it goes? I’ve searched in vain…

Thank you..

L of S

Looks like the pieced my dealer knocked off when showing me how to adjust the seat....Under the seat there is 'vertical fin', that part sits on top of that piece .. presumably where the seat pan will make contact.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Looks like the pieced my dealer knocked off when showing me how to adjust the seat....Under the seat there is 'vertical fin', that part sits on top of that piece .. presumably where the seat pan will make contact.
Thanks very much, gamdh: that certainly looks like it, and it fits - although what useful purpose it serves, I don't know! I had been fiddling with the seat, and obviously knocked that bit off during the process. And, BTW, what a dreadful bit of engineering is that seat locking/ changing height mechanism. Clearly designed by Rubik.   No wonder many here have complained of a 'rocking' seat!
I have put a light smear of Vaseline on the relevant parts of the black rubber 'bung' that covers the access to the front seat release lever, simply to make it easier to get in and out of its housing...
L of S

I'm guessing its suppose to support the seat pan ... thinking if you left that part off, the metal fin would eventually scar the seat pan, but not sure either.

Yeah, the under seat puzzle is a bit puzzling =)

Archived