handle bar risers

Semiold

I think I am in need of a 1" set of risers for my handlebars.  I'm 6'2" and after 2 hours plus in the saddle I start to feel it in my neck and shoulders. Any suggestions for risers, installation or other changes I may have not considered.....?

Is the Niken geometry same as the FJ-Tracer? 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member

Word of caution when installing bar risers.  The wiring harness may only have enough extra length to accommodate a certain amount  of rise before interfering  with lock to lock steering. 

Also the risers may have an unintended effect of further blocking your view through the side mirrors. See following thread for more details.

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

Hello Semiold (I'm a little that way myself), I find that I could actually see more of the stock mirrors after installing the Voigt-MT risers, about 80% of the mirror surface. The 20mm Voigt-MT risers fit as advertised with no modification necessary.

Greg.