Installed Denali S4 with DialDim on my 2019 GT

Ok.

"Denali S4 features two flood optics and two spot optics to create a super wide close-range flood and a piercing spot beam in one housing.

The S4  DataDim™ Technology enables the lights to be upgraded in seconds to dual intensity.  

By connecting a plug-n-play DataDim™ Controller they automatically switch the lights between half and full intensity with your vehicle's original high beam switch."

I took the above from a Denali info.

Without the DataDim controller can the S4 lights be switched between "half and full intensity" with the switch that is supplied ??

Are the flood and spot light, in each housing, switched separately, or do they come on together ?

Have you got a pic of the mounting bracket fixing taken from the side ?

Are brackets supplied in the kit ?

Edited by flyfifer

I used the Givi LS2139 bracket. 

Both flood and spot bulbs are on at the same.time to give you maximum coverage. I wanted to have more coverage at night riding in the backroads. I wanted the DialDim accessory so when I use my turn signals the flood on whatever side I'm turning on turns off so it can still be seen along with I can adjust the intensity much more with the Dial. 

Edited by Rosscofat
Updated

Rosscofat, I appreciate your extra info.

Can I clarify, -- The two pod kit does not have an on/off switch. Correct/Wrong ?

Without the DataDim device do the pods light on full intensity when power connected ?

I did not know about the,DataDim , Denali pod off with turn signal on function. Sounds a good idea.

Crystal clear ref, spot/ flood light on together, design.

I made a givi2139 clone to mount my cheap ex China lights, so that's clear as well.

Edit.

I found this Denali switch info. Obviously, doesn't link to the turn signals.

"The DENALI HI-LOW-OFF Switch replaces the standard ON-OFF switch. The switch enables independent dimming of the lights, separate from the vehicle's OEM lighting system. 

Option for those who want full independent control of their auxiliary lights. "

Edited by flyfifer

The S4 kit just comes with a on off. You add the datadim kit to get the Hi-Lo off switch. Or you get the DialDim to have off and it cdn increase by 15% each notch on the dial. The DialDim has signal wires that you tap into your turn signals/horn/HighBeam for other features. You can wire so when you honk your fog lights can strobe at the same time, flip high beam it will go to full intensity etc. it also is ready to plug in another set of lights and also control them off the same dial. 

Bit between my teeth now.

I found this ref Yamaha T7 

"problem is that the high beam wire doesn’t provide 12 v when on.  Since the T7 has LED headlights the available headlight wire doesn’t provide what’s needed by the Datadim module.  The only option I have been able to find is the three position switch Denali offer.  "

Screenshot_20220308-151439-388.png.49952230c72359080c7c8883e30303f7.png

Also found this which obviously helps understand how the DataDim works.

Do the controller and switch have handlebar mounting clamps supplied ?

What do the lights do when the horn blows -- go to full intensity ??

Edited by flyfifer
  • Thumbsup 1

Rosscofat,

You were obviously typing when I was.

Your comments complete the story, thanks.

I had vaguely heard something about the Strobe effect but didn't know what switched it. That's now Crystal clear. !

Thanks.

Edited by flyfifer

So a "complete" kit is a Pair of S4pods £250 great british pounds

with a Data Dim rotary switch kit and a Three position switch for £80 gbp

OR a Dial Dim controller Kit. £200 great British pounds.

(and a choice of mounting bracket).

Edited by flyfifer

Yes. I was going to go with the high low but I wanted more control over the lights during day and night. so I run them around 15% during the day and around 50% at night in city traffic. Anytime I am not around any other cars I go 100%  the 2nd Circuit (Green circuit) I will run will be Front fender lights that will Flash with the turn signals compared to the Blue Circuit that turns off depending on the turn signal

https://denalielectronics.com/products/drl-visibility-pod-white-or-amber 

11 minutes ago, flyfifer said:

So a "complete" kit is a Pair of S4pods, a Data Dim rotary switch kit and a Dial Dim controller Kit.

(and a choice of mounting bracket).

No all you would need is the Dialdim unit as it does everyone the Datadim does.

I bought this exact kit 

With the 21-29mm crashbars

https://www.abikething.com/product/denali-dial-dim-bundle/

Here is a video also

Edited by Rosscofat
updated info
  • Thumbsup 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi. I’ve just installed the dialdim and the s4 too. As for the hi beam feed it’s a little complicated as it’s not a 12V positive source. You’ll have to use a relay to convert it from a negative to a positive feed.