FJ for tall riders

Just got back from dealer earlier today, and they had the fj and fz right next to each other.  They have the same swing arm, rearsets, exhaust, etc, seems only diffence is the windscreen and front end/windshield, and different subframe.  I'm a taller rider, and felt that while the upper body had an adventure touring roominess to it, the leg positioning was  the same cramped angle as the fz-09 (for me anyway, i'm 6'4").  Was hoping for more relaxed position on the leg bend, but it's the same as fz.  

I'm still considering it though, as I love my wheelies.  Anyone here that can compare the fz to fj as far as how easy the front end comes up? 

I traded in my FZ for a FJ. I've only ridden it a couple hundred miles. I'm only 5' 10" but prefer the high seat setting and its much more comfy than the FZ. As far as the front end I did notice in A mode and the TCS turned off a crack of the throttle and the front will launch.The traction control which defaults to on keeps the wheelies in check but you can press the button to turn it off. When the TCS light on the dash is on the TCS is off. Its kinda different from how my brain works but the light being on means the system is turned off.. I guess its that way because the default is set to always on. Bottom line I'm really pleased with the trade to the FJ.

6'1" here and when I sat on the FJ-09 at the dealer I felt more upright, legs were bent about like on my FZ6R, I actually went over to a FZ-09 on the floor and sat on it, the FJ-09 was way more comfortable, flat feeling more natural position, the FZ-09 felt as if it pushed you forward and up like a Triumph Street Triple or a Ducati.
My FZ6R is just slightly lower than the FJ-09, my inseam on the FZ6R is about 3" off the seat on the FJ-09 fits perfect, just touches.

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone's opinion will be different on this I think. I'm 6'1" 210lbs, but coming off a sport bike I almost wish I could get the seat even lower and move the bars down. I'm just not used to the upright feel yet, but I'll get there :)

It's probably better to get used to the new ergos than mess with it.

Guest eatpasta
I'm also 6'3 and I very much prefer the upright seating position as Im much more comfortable off road and on off road bikes.
My main street bike is a Speed Triple which is as far over as I want to reach on the street. Im missing my 1150GS and hoping the FJ ergo's are in my ballpark

Archived