Same Temps in Noosa & Skokie!

• Supporting Member

The temperature graph lines are crossing Bret.  We're on the way up, and you're on the way down.

Sorry to bring it up but the only white stuff seen at Noosa is the sand on the beach and the foam in the surf.

summer surf GIF

• Premium Member

So the race at Philip island will  possibly be in optimum weather conditions if the wind isn't bad

Yes?

Can you go or is it too late to even think about it with accommodations and travel?

If I ever get down under I've got to try to get there

I was gonna go to the IOM in 15  but our then Republican governor made sure sure that didn't happen

Had a suite downtown and a fastesr red 98 firestorm like mine but of course not mine on rental, and the family was going join me, and it didn't happen.

Don't know if that bucket list opportunity will ever come again😪

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

IFIYGD !

Ha! The old Monty Python HG staple.  Love it!

10 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

So the race at Philip island will  possibly be in optimum weather conditions if the wind isn't bad

Yes?

Can you go or is it too late to even think about it with accommodations and travel?

If I ever get down under I've got to try to get there

Optimal weather conditions?  Normally yes, but the way things have been lately it might be rained out - we'll see.

Too late to think about it but I do have a daughter and SIL who live in Melbourne which is about a 2 1/2 hr trip from there.

• Premium Member

Between global warming and the pandemic and now inflation due to Putin, travel has become so challenging it's become and even bigger pain and crapshoot.

Thankfully we have our scooters to at least get out aways to keep sane!

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Blimey!!!

A high of 59 and WINDY for the MotoGP Sunday.

Do they stay warm enough racing there to not need long johns and heated grips?  I'd think at 224 mph it'd be the last thing they worry about.  And then there are the varying and sudden, shifting Antartic wind blasts!

Yesterday it was 68 here but I caught rain* in the last 20 minutes home but our weekend looks even cooler than PI's.  Raining here now for the first time really in weeks.  We're 4+ inches under normal for each of the last 2 months.  Now if it just would stay as dry come the snow months; though the farmers will suffer again in the spring that much more.

*Wouldn't have if my colon wouldn't have delayed me an hour on top of my other issues.

Not LOL

Screenshot_20221012-042648_Google.jpg

20221011_153235.jpg

• Supporting Member

Victoria (where PI is) is currently experiencing woefull weather conditions.  Rain and high winds from a low that is pushing through from West to East is making things miserable for all.

Hopefully all will be well over the event days.

Melbourne is known for  - "Four seasons in a day"

image.thumb.png.93eeab1a9f4bdeb3f91233515488fa35.png

image.thumb.png.5a6140eaabb0b43875f96df584dac2d1.png

image.png.0c95d522936f83666b12b66869274be4.png

• Premium Member

Yikes!

Qualifying in the wet and having a dry race screws everybody but some more than others.

Fabio is in deep trouble.   Pecco has a squadron of Ducs to aid him but Fabio is alone and underpowered.

I think Fabio is the best pilot but I do still want Ducati to finally win the cup again, as they really worked the hardest and most imaginatively for years, and definitely deserve both titles!

Weather has turned here after it rained finally the 2 prior days, it's like someone up there flipped a switch and the trees started dropping leaves in mass.  High of 51 and going down to 35.  Sunday 55.  After that mid 40s

Damp leaves on the roads are treacherous!  As bad or worse than ice!

Enjoy your spring! 

• Thumbsup 1