Corbin Aftermarket Seat vs. Competitors for tall heavy rider

Hey All!

Wanting to get a new seat for my '16 FJ-09. I am 6'4 250 pounds and the current seat is really uncomfotable for me.

After researching around it seems like the corbin seat s a good bet - seems to be a bit taller and better for bigger guys. 

Are there any other seats that are recommended for people in my boat?

Thanks!

I’ve got a Corbin on my 21GT. It moves back and down, about an inch. I needed a handlebar riser to accommodate my preferred slightly-forward-lean ride position. I am very happy with the Corbin. 

• Premium Member
On 3/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, KrustyKush said:

I’ve got a Corbin on my 21GT. It moves back and down, about an inch. I needed a handlebar riser to accommodate my preferred slightly-forward-lean ride position. I am very happy with the Corbin. 

I think there is a rubber piece that is under the seat that you can use to adjust the movement a bit, not perfect, but it does help.

Also, check out Seth Laam's saddles. He custom makes each one, so you could ask him to build it to incorporate the height you want, and the level of support that fits your particular backside. He's done all of mine and I swear by them. 

IMG_20180920_133958623_HDR (1).jpg

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current