Cooler temps makes for a comfortable day on the bike.

dazzler24

• Supporting Member

400km round trip today with a HD friend.   Temps here are starting to cool off - at last!

Plenty of native wildlife out and about which we managed to avoid hitting - bonus!

But I managed to crash into a bee with my neck and she reacted accordingly by stinging me on my throat and then went walkabout inside my helmet. 

All in all a pretty good day on balance.

140143063_Ourtracktoday.thumb.JPG.57ce0d7bad8c2fd4abd65dc4aa82e421.JPG

20230403_135341.thumb.jpg.ff3e6e488f70b77d9790cf5ada22a912.jpg

Managed to find a dirt/gravel road on our travels.

20230403_114801.thumb.jpg.c973bc9d79c66b9f3adb64fe5ce2ff16.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Cool is relative 

What is cooler?

I'm hoping to finely get out with Old Man this weekend if he's up to it. It seems we are finally warming up. I hope I didn't jinx it putting the pail of calcium chloride pellets into the garage; not for the season yet though back into the shed. Something you've likely never used if even seen.

I should flush the brakes before...

Lube the throttle and clutch cables. Brian ihas indicated replacement of the former is a better option and I am ordering a set.

Didn't make it with 2&3, I was too sore to wear my helmet after oral surgery.  As it turned out he didn't ride either.

On the other hand another friend went out for a ride and went down injuring his

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, OldBikers said:

Didn't make it with 2&3, I was too sore to wear my helmet after oral surgery.  As it turned out he didn't ride either.

On the other hand another friend went out for a ride and went down injuring his

The weather for friday and saturday is still in question old man so we'll play it by ear as discussed yesterday

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Cool is relative 

What is cooler?

I'm hoping to finely get out with Old Man this weekend if he's up to it. It seems we are finally warming up. I hope I didn't jinx it putting the pail of calcium chloride pellets into the garage; not for the season yet though back into the shed. Something you've likely never used if even seen.

I should flush the brakes before...

Lube the throttle and clutch cables. Brian ihas indicated replacement of the former is a better option and I am ordering a set.

Cooler for where I'm at is 25C(77F) and under with 60% and under humidity.  We started out the other day at 22C(72F)-bliss and it warmed up to around 28C(83F) in the middle of the day - still good with the lower humidity as the air starts to dry out and we move towards our Winter.

Yes, the closest we come to a pail of calcium chloride is this stuff and its many cousins and we use them in the hot heavy humid months inside the house to keep the mould (mold) away/reduced. Same main ingredient.

image.png.fcfbd0bad31e52fb568dda213370face.png

• Premium Member

Interesting, I presume they use in our southern regions for that too.

We've used only three 50# bags of the ice melt pellets here, and the chance of anything sticking for more than a few hours is low.

We did get this to day.  I saw some 1.5" as well...  Put a tiny dent in the wife's hood; they make Subaru's out of some thicker steel.  Not as heavy gauge as our old 1980 Volvo 240DL though.  That thing was a tank.  The sprayed more pounds of coatings (paint) on the old Volvos than even Bentleys.

20230404_141507.jpg

20230404_143200.jpg

20230404_143233.jpg

20230404_143422.jpg

• Sad 1