Tidying-up the rear number plate/ indicators extension.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Under the tail of the Tracer and sticking out to the rear is a pretty solid structural folded steel piece about 8” (200mm) long that supports the rear indicators and number plate, etc. [em] See my pic, and your bike…
[/em]
I understand the need for this ‘extender’, which seems to be to make the indicator lights visible from side-on when panniers are fitted. But it does all look a bit odd and insect-like, and I have read here that some members have tidied-up the area there using OE parts.

Am I correct in believing, after a fairly quick look in not-too-good night-time garage light, that this ‘extender’ could be removed and the cluster of indicators, number plate, etc., moved upwards and forwards to sit more neatly below the rear seat?

The existing fastenings are four (4) x screws each (a) inside the under-seat space, that secure the forward end of the ‘extender’ and (b) securing the rearward end of the ‘extender’ to the light cluster. They appear to be interchangeable in terms of spacing, etc., and maybe therefore compatible with this thought.

Has anyone done this, and how feasible and reasonably straightforward is it?

Any thoughts/ pix appreciated… others previously posted seen and helpful!

Lawrence of Suburbia [em] (‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

2015 Matte Grey Tracer – now at 1048 km
[/em]
http://i.imgur.com/GWEVBii.jpg

• Premium Member
Not unless you buy different bolts and hog out two of the holes a smidge. Look in the how to section of how I did it if you like.

linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Not unless you buy different bolts and hog out two of the holes a smidge. Look in the how to section of how I did it if you like. 
linky

Thanks, Ulewz - I have located your post and its excellent instructions. I'll proceed soonest...! L of S

Archived