Jump to content

Any upcoming PNW rides or meetups?


robzilla

Recommended Posts

Now that I have a '22 T9GT, curious if there are any upcoming rides or meetups for Tracer/FJR/MT or non Yamaha folks? If you're a COG rider, I'm planning to take my T9GT to the rally in Canyonville OR in early June. Probably will head to OR coast early in the week, attend rally for a few days, then end of rally week make my way back up through southern to central OR back into WA. Hoping to make some day or weekend trips before or after the rally either to BC, OR or even ID.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Member
8 hours ago, robzilla said:

Now that I have a '22 T9GT, curious if there are any upcoming rides or meetups for Tracer/FJR/MT or non Yamaha folks? If you're a COG rider, I'm planning to take my T9GT to the rally in Canyonville OR in early June. Probably will head to OR coast early in the week, attend rally for a few days, then end of rally week make my way back up through southern to central OR back into WA. Hoping to make some day or weekend trips before or after the rally either to BC, OR or even ID.

I don't know of any group rides or plan on any rally's but in the region around Canyonville there is a LOT of good riding, especially since you will be so close to Northern California.

Are you familiar with Oregon where the rally will be held?  I spend a good portion of my riding time each year in Oregon, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

End of May/early June I will be on a week long trip in California and a few weeks later my brother and I are going on another 5-6 day loop through Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon.

 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Member

For those with minimal PTO or otherwise can't take longer multi-day trips, there is the Pacific Northwest Grand Tour that is self-paced and can be done in increments:

https://pnwgrandtour.com/

Crazy-beautiful scenes on the PNW-GT tour!

GT12.thumb.jpg.462a416457bef2a54f0e0dec7174a7e1.jpg
 

Approaching Steptoe Butte... almost looks like a AI drawing!  But this is from my Google Pixel 6 cell phone.


ApproachButte.thumb.jpg.ab83e6f15ae4b5c741a4ef04dee9ad1d.jpg

 

At the top of Steptoe:

SteptoeButte.thumb.jpg.1a35e2192798a41e62703754a7847dfe.jpg

Mt Adams in the background:

MtAdams21Aug.thumb.jpg.d503f3f43e363088f59846a5e69cea2e.jpg


Eastern Washington farmlands at Dawn, on the road to Northport:

FarmlansAtDawn.thumb.jpg.364723526ee48f5a2d9ad4a7d542904b.jpg


The Joseph Cowboy, Joseph, OR:

GT05.thumb.jpg.6d00e1536e8f80c73555a52204dd6149.jpg

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Warchild said:

For those with minimal PTO or otherwise can't take longer multi-day trips, there is the Pacific Northwest Grand Tour that is self-paced and can be done in increments:

https://pnwgrandtour.com/

Crazy-beautiful scenes on the PNW-GT tour!

Incredible photos, very beautiful! Reminds me of a similar tour with ride-to-eat stops called Cafe to Cafe:

https://soundrider.com/cafetocafe/

I've never done either, but those locations you posted I've visited. I think its time to take part!

 

9 hours ago, betoney said:

I don't know of any group rides or plan on any rally's but in the region around Canyonville there is a LOT of good riding, especially since you will be so close to Northern California.

Are you familiar with Oregon where the rally will be held?  I spend a good portion of my riding time each year in Oregon, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, I'm familiar with central OR but have not ventured that far south for touring so this will be new. Rally routes are constantly updated as the event nears, trying to plan which route to take and which days. I definitely will make the Northern Cal stop or driveby if possible.

https://concours.org/national/2023-Rally/Routes

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, robzilla said:

Thanks, I'm familiar with central OR but have not ventured that far south for touring so this will be new. Rally routes are constantly updated as the event nears, trying to plan which route to take and which days. I definitely will make the Northern Cal stop or driveby if possible.

https://concours.org/national/2023-Rally/Routes

 

They have some great routes listed, I have ridden a lot of those roads, you should have a GREAT time. 👍🏻

  • Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×