Niken GT 2019, questions about some issues with condensation and bikes sitting for awhile, need some advice on what to check:

norsie

I got a 2019 Niken GT but it's oil has been sitting for 1+ years. It has nearly 4k miles. I purchased this engine flush but I'm not sure if this is appropriate given the circumstances(it is compatible with a wet clutch system).

The main thing I noticed was condensation coming from the exhaust on start ... anything anyone can suggest to me doing going forward?
What i'm doing so far: 

• Changing Oil + Filter
  • Changing Coolant

Link: Liqui Moly 20050 Engine Flush Motobike - 250ML

Just drain the oil and change the filter "coolant is fine", and condensation is normal on start up and running.......just like your car does. ;) Hopefully the gas had some stabilizer in it and tank was near full, otherwise a chance for rust in the tank, but if it runs.......that's a good sign. 

• Thumbsup 1

11 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Just drain the oil and change the filter "coolant is fine", and condensation is normal on start up and running.......just like your car does. ;) Hopefully the gas had some stabilizer in it and tank was near full, otherwise a chance for rust in the tank, but if it runs.......that's a good sign. 

Yep I would've just changed the oil without bothering with 'flush' (which seems to be made of the purest refined snake oil)

No need to change coolant (usually recommended after 2 years on a regularly ridden bike)

FYI Niken has an aluminum fuel tank

• Thumbsup 1