Anyone using the Quad-Lock on a '20 Tracer GT?

Hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which Quad-Lock handlebar mount I need for the '20 Tracer 900GT.  Anyone know what the bar diameter is?  

There's the other options...the mirror mount and the fork stem mount.  Anyone have any suggestions as to which one is the least interfering with the steering and cables?

Edited by Jayzonk

IMG_6663.thumb.jpeg.3addd5adddd9d8fa4fb5af08770784a8.jpeg

Not a GT, but not a lot of difference. 
I have mine on an accessory bracket above my dash which mounts under the screen bracket (it moves up and down with screen). 
I find it easier to look at maps as I’m riding. 

image.jpg

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Jayzonk said:

I am thinking that applying the amount in the exact center of the handlebar will work well but I will have to measure the diameter at that point.  

You can see the ball mount on my handlebar which I used beforehand to place phone at the middle of the bike, but found hard to use when using my tank bag.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Hi @Jayzonk - The handlebars are 1-1/8” at the clamping area, and taper down to 7/8” at the control ends.  Pretty standard configuration (except for Harley-Davidson). 

Dead center on the handlebar clamping area works great for the phone mount on my FJ, and it should be almost identical on your GT.   

I use the RokForm mount instead of the QuadLock, but same net result: 

5AFD5106-77B0-4547-AE5C-BFB2C1F7C95A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jayzonk said:

Does the ball hold the phone better than the regular Quad-lock?  Or is the ball there just to add adjustability to the phone orientation?  It seems to me that it's an option.  

I still used the Quadlock with the ball mount. It does offer better adjustability, I just didn’t really like it that much sitting so low. 
If you look at the Quadlock site you will find ball mounts. 
Im only 5’5” and it definitely isn’t in my field of view. That’s a very short screen on my bike, I still have to look down to read my phone. 
I already had the ball mount on the handlebars (from Fleabay) as I used it with my GoPro. Just bought the ball mount for the Quadlock. 

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 1

I mostly use a Zumo XT for navigating but as a backup have a phone in a quad lock case.  I put a ball mount on the right side of the bar near the brake reservoir.  I found a good deal on eBay for the ball mount Quadlock mount and added the vibration damper.  Haven't used it much but it is on the right side of my view and easy enough to see but not blocking anything.  Left side could work better but Zumo is over there.  Left side is easier to do stuff with the left hand while keeping right hand on the throttle.  I recommend the vibration damper.  The Tracer is better on vibrations than my previous bike which messed up an iPhone camera.  Before the Zumo used a phone for navigation.  I also like to keep my phone on me just in case I go down it will be with me and hopefully still working.

I've thought about it some more and I think I am going to leave the phone off of the handlebar.  I've made a decision that motorcycling time means not being on the phone or electronics too much.  Consequently, that means "knowing where I'm going" and having paper maps as back-up.  It also means that getting lost is allowed, but leaving enough time so that I can still finish riding by late afternoon.