2023+ Niken parts compatible with earlier versions?

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Opening a thread on 2023 Niken parts compatibility with older Nikens since the US officially only had 2019-2021 Nikens and I'm afraid how difficult it will be to procure replacement parts for US based Nikens for maintenance purposes. 

I saw  a thread in the Facebook forums where they at least confirmed that the European only 2023 Niken GT mud guards (fender extenders part number BFD-215E0-00-00 - Black) do fit the older Nikens (cost of £55/$75 USD).  

IMG_5597.png

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/accessories/explore.niken-gt-2023.niken-gt-mud-flaps.bfd-215e0-00-00/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ#/

IMG_5601.png

IMG_5600.png

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Would also be interested in the sliding bracket to mount the new GT screens since the 2023 GT's now have manually adjustable wind screens... Would love to see if this is compatible with my Givi windscreen. Anyone have the part number for the adjustable windscreen hardware for the 2023 Niken GT?

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/niken-gt-2023/accessories/niken-gt-high-screen/bfd-f83j0-00-00/?path=/?page%3D4&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#/

IMG_5603.png

2019 Niken GT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 6/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, maximNikenGT said:

Opening a thread on 2023 Niken parts compatibility with older Nikens since the US officially only had 2019-2021 Nikens and I'm afraid how difficult it will be to procure replacement parts for US based Nikens for maintenance purposes. 

I saw  a thread in the Facebook forums where they at least confirmed that the European only 2023 Niken GT mud guards (fender extenders part number BFD-215E0-00-00 - Black) do fit the older Nikens (cost of £55/$75 USD).  

IMG_5597.png

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/accessories/explore.niken-gt-2023.niken-gt-mud-flaps.bfd-215e0-00-00/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ#/

IMG_5601.png

IMG_5600.png

Can anyone confirm what these silver brackets are for on the mud flaps?

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Pretty small detail to feel the need to add reinforcement - does it really vibrate or not have a good right fitting without it?

2019 Niken GT

I haven't fitted them yet, hopefully soon though.  They are just soft rubber flaps and not like (I was hoping) the rigid fenda extenda that is profiled to match the underside of the front mudguard.

Expensive for what they are, but the metal strip has a bit of bling I suppose.

• Supporting Member

Removed the fenders (10 minute job), and fitted Mudwing Medflaps to my 2019 GT. No hardware just peel and stick, which I doubt would last long. I used some short rust free bolts with lock nuts to secure and sealed the gap with black Silicone RTV adhesive sealant. Used thread locker on stock hardware and sprayed the bolt heads black. Two last pics are looking back from front.

Total cost $25. 

MF1.jpg

MF2.jpg

MF3.jpg

MF5.jpg

MF Rear L.jpg

MF rear view R.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
On 7/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, Heli ATP said:

Removed the fenders (10 minute job), and fitted Mudwing Medflaps to my 2019 GT. No hardware just peel and stick, which I doubt would last long. I used some short rust free bolts with lock nuts to secure and sealed the gap with black Silicone RTV adhesive sealant. Used thread locker on stock hardware and sprayed the bolt heads black. Two last pics are looking back from front.

Total cost $25. 

MF1.jpg

MF2.jpg

MF3.jpg

MF5.jpg

MF Rear L.jpg

MF rear view R.jpg

Looks like they'll really Nerf the rooster tails that would normally get kicked up. Excellent tip! Please let us know how they perform. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
On 7/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, NikenLee said:

I haven't fitted them yet, hopefully soon though.  They are just soft rubber flaps and not like (I was hoping) the rigid fenda extenda that is profiled to match the underside of the front mudguard.

Expensive for what they are, but the metal strip has a bit of bling I suppose.

Had to look the Extenda Fenda up since I'm not familiar with them. 

Pyramid Hugger Extension | Matte Black | Yamaha Niken 2018>Current | Pyramid Plastics (pyramid-plastics.co.uk)

Looks like Niken owners buy the Extenda Fenda from the '06 FJRs and make them work:

2023-07-12_fenda_extenda.jpg

2019 Niken GT