2022 Tracer 9 GT Headers/Exhaust

cotton

Hello, all. New member here. I had a 2019 Tracer GT 900 with 27,000 miles that I just traded in for a 2022 Tracer 9 GT. Great bikes! 

Stock exhaust on this new T9GT is OK, but not a fan of the look and just wish it was louder. I had an M4 slip on on my 2019 T900GT and I miss it. 

I don't hate the stock exhaust enough to drop $1500 on an Akra or similar. Plus, I can't seem to find an answer to whether or not long mufflers interfere with operations on the rear wheel (accessing brake pads/caliper removals, etc) on the T9GT. 

Does anyone have any experience on 2021-2022 T9GT with just buying new headers, then using a slip on of your choice to replace the stock undercarriage exhaust?

Thanks in advance for any input. 

• Thumbsup 2

You're going to end up spending $1000+ anyway if a header + slip on option existed, but it doesn't.

LeoVince makes a full exhaust for $1030 USD which includes headers and same style underbody muffler as stock. 

https://www.leovince.com/en-ca/product/1812-0552-lv-race-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-gt-2021-2023

Edited by warrior
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new T9GT and welcome! Lots of info and threads on our bikes...

Yea I went with the LV full exhaust. Definitely adds a lot more 'umph' and rumbling roar without being too obnoxious. Looks good  without having it stick out back out near the side case. When I first installed it, had the db killer out but after a few rides put it back in since there was no HP gain. 

Chinook (Large).jpg

Edited by robzilla
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, warrior said:

You're going to end up spending $1000+ anyway if a header + slip on option existed, but it doesn't.

LeoVince makes a full exhaust for $1030 USD which includes headers and same style underbody muffler as stock. 

https://www.leovince.com/en-ca/product/1812-0552-lv-race-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-gt-2021-2023

Got it, makes sense. Really appreciate the info

2 hours ago, robzilla said:

Yea I went with the LV full exhaust. Definitely adds a lot more 'umph' and rumbling roar without being too obnoxious. Looks good  without having it stick out back out near the side case. When I first installed it, had the db killer out but after a few rides put it back in since there was no HP gain. 

Chinook (Large).jpg

Awesome looking T9GT man,  Thank you - seems like a popular selection for our setups, and from the looks of your pic, it doesn't seem to interfere with the center stand. 👍🏾👍🏾

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 6:47 PM, robzilla said:

Chinook (Large).jpgChinook (Large).jpg

Also, do your Motech crash bars interfere with any front end disassembly? Fairings mainly.  And what attachments do you have on em? Thanks in advance, sir. 

1 hour ago, cotton said:

Also, do your Motech crash bars interfere with any front end disassembly? Fairings mainly.  And what attachments do you have on em?

Fairings are accessible with the crash bars installed. Currently I have fog lights installed on the lower portion. When I have to remove the fairings, I place a towel or cloth in between just in case to prevent any plastic scratches. Initially I had my fog lights installed on the top portion of the bars but there was little clearance between the light mounts and the plastic, so moved the mounts to the lower portion of the bars. 

I'll try to post pics of the lights on the crash bars and the location later.

• Thanks 1