Narrower bars in black

theog

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, jcarlson9 said:

Are they much lower than stock?

As 2 and 3 said - no.

Having said that, I am using mine with bar risers to suit my preference and have them up and back towards me as far as the risers will go and the bars just touch my tank bag at full lock so all good there - if that helps.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

As 2 and 3 said - no.

Having said that, I am using mine with bar risers to suit my preference and have them up and back towards me as far as the risers will go and the bars just touch my tank bag at full lock so all good there - if that helps.

D-Man

Whose brilliant risers do you run, and what amounts do they add?

I started out with lower but more sweep Outlaw Racing TH08 in below photo (a great choice if J Carlson wants something down more) but my bod cried foul!  I then went back to OEM, then and now with the Street Naked.  However, I could use just about a 1/2" ~ 3/4" up and back; though I'm willing to try a full inch.  I'm concerned though about my brake and clutch lines, if not also everything else.

Did you re-route your lines?

image.thumb.png.3ef2aa15d26ca4cc5767e131921eb969.png

image.thumb.png.3f15434d0ede257ea63a8708b9d81f37.png

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

D-Man

Whose brilliant risers do you run, and what amounts do they add?

I started out with lower but more sweep Outlaw Racing TH08 in below photo (a great choice if J Carlson wants something down more) but my bod cried foul!  I then went back to OEM, then and now with the Street Naked.  However, I could use just about a 1/2" ~ 3/4" up and back; though I'm willing to try a full inch.  I'm concerned though about my brake and clutch lines, if not also everything else.

Did you re-route your lines?

image.thumb.png.3ef2aa15d26ca4cc5767e131921eb969.png

image.thumb.png.3f15434d0ede257ea63a8708b9d81f37.png

2 plus 3, I bought the outrageously priced but very high quality Gilles Tooling 2DGT way back when I was actually earning an income and could (just) afford them.😲 You can see all of the dimensions and configurations in the link above.

The Gilles risers allow some customisation in height by adding or subtracting 'washers' from the base of the stems.

Here's some photos below that I took back in the day showing the Gilles against the OEMs for comparisons.  It was a while ago but I think the risers went on as configured in the photos.

I do recall that my cables were at or near their maximum comfortable lengths but I could still left to right with the bars with no effect on increasing revs or binding etc.  IIRC the only real adjustment that I made was cracking the bolt on the master cylinder brake banjo and tilting it down a bit to relieve the little bit of tension that was there.

20170520_090307.thumb.jpg.76aed0c97959ab91f6e797b945a6909d.jpg20170520_090234.thumb.jpg.251bbc052613a01e0c3c58a5fb842550.jpg

• Premium Member

So they look about 15~17 mm up & back? Yavol?

Me no sprechanzie Luxembourger!

Danke though

You didn't say if you had the stock bars or the street naked

I have the latter so I bought these

Not sure how they'll work with my Speigler MC line and R1 radial MC with the KTM handguards 

Clutch line could be an issue too

But for $40 with only 1" up and 20 mm back, the least up I could find up.  AS my Street Naked are already up .75 and swept back an inch (but maybe are too wide; as I made them the stock width)

There is a recent review on the american amazon page of somebody recently installing them on a FJ09 Tracer

It may be then that I'm gonna  hafta go with something like yours. But I haven't found one yet. And I don't want to pay a fortune like you did. Ha ha ha ha.

Screenshot_20231119_110913_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

So they look about 15~17 mm up & back? Yavol?

Me no sprechanzie Luxembourger!

Danke though

You didn't say if you had the stock bars or the street naked

I have the latter so I bought these

Not sure how they'll work with my Speigler MC line and R1 radial MC with the KTM handguards 

Clutch line could be an issue too

But for $40 with only 1" up and 20 mm back, the least up I could find up.  AS my Street Naked are already up .75 and swept back an inch (but maybe are too wide; as I made them the stock width)

There is a recent review on the american amazon page of somebody recently installing them on a FJ09 Tracer

It may be then that I'm gonna  hafta go with something like yours. But I haven't found one yet. And I don't want to pay a fortune like you did. Ha ha ha ha.

Screenshot_20231119_110913_Samsung Internet.jpg

I actually did say that I have the street naked bars.  Mentioned them by name and have a link to their site too.

Have a look back in this post and you'll see them on my 'even faster' Grey 🙂

And yes, I should just about have the risers paid off by the time I'm ready to trade the bike - in a few years time!

Here's those dimensions...

image.thumb.png.7a7953b027f5fcad7c20c3b73a85f965.png

image.png

• Premium Member

Dats vunderbl!!!

I miss spoke, I should have stated and prefaced with "I don't recall" you saying you had the Naked

Spatial geometry should be my strong suit, so I'll look at your wonderful, that's what I was referring to, drawings.

Being frugal, I'll try the adapters and go from there as there's not a lot out there specific to our bike, at least as what my searches uncovered 

• Thumbsup 1