Quick Yosemite day trip....

gst95dsm

I just got back from a quick run up the mountain to Yosemite.  240 mile round trip.  Bike felt awesome.  This is my longest ride so far on it (500m on bike).  I'm very happy with it.  Snapped a couple pics.....

It'll be nice once I get my side bags and heated grips.  It was chilly up there still and it would have been nice to be able to pack a lunch,  drinks and what not.... anyhow.

Tunnel view.... 

84E484A8-9CD0-441C-BFB7-9A4AF4921312_zpsvyxp2aps.jpg

I love going through the tunnel.... 

019C79C8-ABDE-46F3-9A37-5084D09683A8_zpsxdfasgdr.jpg

El Cap

1DCD3AD1-C42B-4498-B510-16D3D6F44E46_zpsn79c6r5b.jpg

Brideveil

8FF7127C-049D-4C2D-95E3-FE8955AFD803_zpshyokox4n.jpg

FJ looking tough....

71D4C3A9-CDA7-4CB8-922B-C71133A8991A_zpsmml6t3hi.jpg

F4C0B189-B7D7-489D-A354-7FBB396EFEE4_zpsklxw1js3.jpg

I hiked a little closer to El Cap.... I wanted to see if anyone was climbing,  Yup.  Looks like fun!

125A67C4-84A7-4F9D-A63F-F6B7D5A962F1_zpsgbzzrwfi.jpg

Looks ridiculously awesome. I'm entirely jealous. My view 90% of the time is corn fields...
I definitely take it for granted.  I left my house at a leisurely 9am,  had breakfast about 60 miles in,  cruised up the mountain,  hung out a bit,  grabbed some lunch on the way down and was back home by 3:30..... I complain about WAY to many things in life and I have this kind of riding in my backyard.  Really gives some perspective.  I'm an avid off roader (jeep guy) and I fully appreciate that activity,  but there's nothing like hitting the open road,  solitary,  just you and your bike.  I haven't had a road bike in several years and am really glad to be back,  (they finally made the bike I have been thinking about forever).  Haha

That is a fantastic day! Yosemite is the most beautiful place I've ever been, and the FJ-09 is my next purchase!
Thanks for sharing these great pics!

BTW, do you know the name of the gas station in the area (maybe 50 miles away?) that has a great restaurant? One of the best meals I've ever had. A bike ride to that place would be great.

Yes, that's it. Wonderful food. Please report if you make that trip. I climbed Half Dome up to the shoulder when I was there; fell in love with the place. I'm envious of your proximity!
I've never been up that way but I've been planning on it!   Now I know where to stop for lunch.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that's it. Wonderful food. Please report if you make that trip. I climbed Half Dome up to the shoulder when I was there; fell in love with the place. I'm envious of your proximity!
I've never been up that way but I've been planning on it!   Now I know where to stop for lunch.  Thanks!
I made it to this location yesterday!  The food was awesome.  The ride was amazing.  I have never been up that way...... It is by far the most beautiful place in CA that I've ever seen.  The entire trip up Tioga Pass,  and then 395 north was awesome.  108 through Sonora was also very cool!  I have some photos to upload.  We did 425 miles round trip...... long day!

I made it to this location yesterday!  The food was awesome.  The ride was amazing.  I have never been up that way...... It is by far the most beautiful place in CA that I've ever seen.  The entire trip up Tioga Pass,  and then 395 north was awesome.  108 through Sonora was also very cool!  I have some photos to upload.  We did 425 miles round trip...... long day!
If you do another trip over that way, you should check out Hwy 49 starting at Coulterville heading toward Mariposa... 

http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/3672793/california-motorcycle-ride-little-dragon-hwy-49-coulterville-ca-

I did that on Saturday and it is a great ride.  Be careful the first time through, some surprises for sure.  Also riding it S to N is supposed to be considerably more technical as you end up with diminishing radius turns.  Also if you use this path to get to Yosemite, you can hop onto 140 once you hit Mariposa and take the river Canyon to the park which is a great and very beautiful ride (and a fun for a spirited little jaunt before milling about the park).  

If you do another trip over that way, you should check out Hwy 49 starting at Coulterville heading toward Mariposa... 

http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/3672793/california-motorcycle-ride-little-dragon-hwy-49-coulterville-ca-

I did that on Saturday and it is a great ride.  Be careful the first time through, some surprises for sure.  Also riding it S to N is supposed to be considerably more technical as you end up with diminishing radius turns.  Also if you use this path to get to Yosemite, you can hop onto 140 once you hit Mariposa and take the river Canyon to the park which is a great and very beautiful ride (and a fun for a spirited little jaunt before milling about the park).  
I road the 49 into Coulterville a month ago. Caltrans was filling cracks across both lanes. The filler was slippery as snot. A real hoot with the drop offs that road has. The first one I hit with speed made me pull over to let my ass un pucker itself.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I road the 49 into Coulterville a month ago. Caltrans was filling cracks across both lanes. The filler was slippery as snot. A real hoot with the drop offs that road has. The first one I hit with speed made me pull over to let my ass un pucker itself.
I can only imagine!  Was in good shape by the time I rode it weekend before this past one.  We got rained on that day, glad it happened in the river canyon on 140 instead, I know that road pretty well and it's a lot less skeery.   :o  The TC kicked in crossing painted lines in the rain to get around vehicles going 15mph, so strange having traction control on a bike but pretty cool. 

I can only imagine!  Was in good shape by the time I rode it weekend before this past one.  We got rained on that day, glad it happened in the river canyon on 140 instead, I know that road pretty well and it's a lot less skeery.   :o  The TC kicked in crossing painted lines in the rain to get around vehicles going 15mph, so strange having traction control on a bike but pretty cool. 
I got my FJ May 16th so I didn't have it when I did my 49 to Coulterville ride. Up from Fresno/Clovis so I went the "fun" way. I probably would have been more of a hooligan had I been on the FJ. 140 along the river  is a nice relaxed ride and I enjoy it very much. Of course now there's a wait at the slide for through traffic. I did about 20 minutes before they waived us through. Have you entered the park from Oakhurst and the southern entrance? Nice and twisty but posted 35 MPH. Have to keep an eye out for Ol Smokey.

I've yet to experience my traction control on the FJ. But the time is coming.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived