Clutch engagement point adjustment?

I must have short fingers or something but with the clutch engagement point so far out it's hard to modulate it smoothly as my finger are nearly fully extended. It works better when I don't wear gloves as my fingers have some friction to them, but with gloves and fingers fully extended its gets slippery

Is there any adjustment to bring it closer in, or would aftermarket levers be the only way to go?
I even considered just bending the clutch lever in more....

Have you tried to adjust the engagement point with the adjuster which is right next to the lever pivot point? That's where I'd start. Doubt if you'd get much bend from the stock levers, they'll probably break before they'd bend where you would like them.

Have you tried to adjust the engagement point with the adjuster which is right next to the lever pivot point? That's where I'd start. Doubt if you'd get much bend from the stock levers, they'll probably break before they'd bend where you would like them.
That's on page 7-20 in my owners manual, in the Periodic Maintenance and Adjustment section. I agree, do not try to bend the lever. Even if it does not break, it will likely weaken it.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I must have short fingers or something but with the clutch engagement point so far out it's hard to modulate it smoothly as my finger are nearly fully extended. It works better when I don't wear gloves as my fingers have some friction to them, but with gloves and fingers fully extended its gets slippery 
Is there any adjustment to bring it closer in, or would aftermarket levers be the only way to go?
I even considered just bending the clutch lever in more....

Increase the cable free play. It will move the engagement closer to the grip.

It will also not allow the clutch pack to come apart as much. So I wouldn't sit for long periods (ie stop lights) with the clutch pulled in. This will work temporarily untill you can purchase levers.

Skip

Ok, I'll give the adjuster a try and see if I can move it a little closer.

For you guys with adjustable levers how do they deal with not letting the clutch get fully open? Or are they just shaped differently?
Just looking for some direction with adjustable levers as what to get.

Archived