Cleaning behind the light assembly

louie

I've been riding my FJ in all weather and find that the rain splashes down the inside of the windscreen and behind the light assembly's.  There are a lot of nooks and cranny's down there and really hard to get in a clean properly.  Has anyone has success without putting the hose down there? 

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I just went out and did a wipe down with Pledge. In sunny and very dry CA we mainly get dust. So I spray pledge on an old bath towel and turn up the toons.

TIME TO VENT:

For the life of me Mr., Mrs., Ms. Yamaha design engineers, why the *^%()BN&* did you put a beehive plastic thingy between and under the headlights? Seems the only practical use is to store grime and bug guts. Q-tips, rolled up bits of paper towel and some language got most of it out after only 1,000 miles. But we actually do ride these things folks @ Yamaha. They get dirty and this beehive plastic thingy gets stuffed with guts. Seems it would have been simple to put a flat piece of black plastic which would have been much easier to just wipe off.

OK, I'm done. Time to go ride so I can get the smile back on my face.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• 2 months later...

Archived