GPR Steering Stabilizer needs you.

Phone: 619.661.0101
8715 Dead Stick Rd.
San Diego, CA 92154

If you live around so-california or in the area GPR needs a test bike to fit the GPR stabilizers for our FJ-09's. This would help all of us that want to order one but are not available yet.

I dropped my bike off there yesterday to be fitted as a test bike.
The owner indicated he would consider a group buy from this forum.
I'm away for 2 weeks starting tomorrow so whoever is inclined to set up
a group buy from this forum, please feel free. For what it's worth, the factory
tour I got was amazing. The quality was of the highest order and apparently
they can't build these things fast enough.

If you send cruizin a pm and the contact information he has a form that they must fill out, maybe they'll even come on the forum as a supporting vendor. Who knows, but it can't hurt to try.

For a discounted group buy I'm definitely in.

I picked up my bike today after dropping it off at GPR for 2 weeks. I was going away and figured the timing was good. To put it mildly, the bike feels great! I almost bought a BMW Boxer Cup Repica a while back because of the way the front end felt and tracked. Now my bike set on 5 or 6 out of 20 on the dial has that same feel. I've only ridden 30 miles on it and also got it for free since it was the mock up bike for them. With all that in mind, I have to recommend this highly. Some people have said the bike doesn't need this and while that may be true, needing and vastly improving something are two different things entirely. They said they are selling 10 a week to FZ 09 owners. If you are near San Diego, take a tour of their factory. It's stunning to see all their high end machinery. Good luck!

I set mine on 10. it keeps the worst weaving at bay when riding with my panniers fitted. If I am riding gently I can drop it down.
The damper makes an enormous difference to the tracking and stability of the front wheel. I have found that it also cuts down on the weaving when braking very hard from high speed, where the back wheel lifts.

I picked up my bike today after dropping it off at GPR for 2 weeks. I was going away and figured the timing was good. To put it mildly, the bike feels great! I almost bought a BMW Boxer Cup Repica a while back because of the way the front end felt and tracked. Now my bike set on 5 or 6 out of 20 on the dial has that same feel. I've only ridden 30 miles on it and also got it for free since it was the mock up bike for them. With all that in mind, I have to recommend this highly. Some people have said the bike doesn't need this and while that may be true, needing and vastly improving something are two different things entirely. They said they are selling 10 a week to FZ 09 owners. If you are near San Diego, take a tour of their factory. It's stunning to see all their high end machinery. Good luck!

Any update on the group buy? I'm sure a lot of us are curious and highly interested.

Archived