New member in Vancouver

• Premium Member
I just picked up my matt grey FJ-09 on Friday. I've got about 500 miles on it and so far so good! I'm replacing a Kawasaki Concours and a KTM 690 Supermoto. This FJ seems to be the perfect mix between the two. The Concours is a great touring bike, the KTM a fantastic canyon carver. The FJ is amazingly fun, smooth and easy to toss back and forth through the corners, and is very smooth and comfortable on the highway.

I'm still breaking in the engine so I don't have an opinion on it yet. This is my first tripple so I'm really excited to experience the unique power delivery. I'm having the 600 mile service on Friday. I can't wait to hit the 1000 mile mark, I want to start riding this thing for realI!

I have two minor complaints so far. I find the seat uncomfortable, not horrible,just not good enough to for a 600 mile day. To resolve this I'm having a custom seat made at Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany, OR. I also need more wind protection, I'm 6'2" and the stock windscreen directs airflow straight at my head. To resolve this I've ordered a taller windscreen.

Otherwise, this bike is even better than expected. It looks great, handles great, tours great, rides great and, hopefully soon, I'll have the engine broken in and I'll be able to say that's great too. Cheers, to twisty roads and a nimble bike that can get you to the curves in style and comfort!!

I just picked up my matt grey FJ-09 on Friday. I've got about 500 miles on it and so far so good! I'm replacing a Kawasaki Concours and a KTM 690 Supermoto. This FJ seems to be the perfect mix between the two. The Concours is a great touring bike, the KTM a fantastic canyon carver. The FJ is amazingly fun, smooth and easy to toss back and forth through the corners, and is very smooth and comfortable on the highway.  
I'm still breaking in the engine so I don't have an opinion on it yet. This is my first tripple so I'm really excited to experience the unique power delivery. I'm having the 600 mile service on Friday. I can't wait to hit the 1000 mile mark, I want to start riding this thing for realI!

I have two minor complaints so far. I find the seat uncomfortable, not horrible,just not good enough to for a 600 mile day. To resolve this I'm having a custom seat made at Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany, OR. I also need more wind protection, I'm 6'2" and the stock windscreen directs airflow straight at my head. To resolve this I've ordered a taller windscreen.

Otherwise, this bike is even better than expected. It looks great, handles great, tours great, rides great and, hopefully soon, I'll have the engine broken in and I'll be able to say that's great too. Cheers, to twisty roads and a nimble bike that can get you to the curves in style and comfort!!

Welcome my couve neighbor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I live just a few blocks from Mr. Ed's shop in Albany and I picked up my FJ-09 today. Like you, I think I'll be making an appointment with Don sometime soon for a new seat. Let me know when you're in Albany and maybe we can grab some lunch!

Archived