FJ09 graphic color change

Guest spunrdneck

I wasn't a fan of the black stripes on the side of my FJ so I got the ones from the red model (drmk designation)... I think they look great and they match all of my red accents while appearing factory. the background of the decal perfectly matches the grey plastic as well... very happy with this and the decals are only eight bucks each from the dealer.  ::) thoughts? comments?
BF105565-B378-468C-90F1-940F4277F992.jpg86E6B1C4-A269-4755-BE10-99381F715C4F.jpg

Looks great! Though it still wont be as fast as a real red one.... just saying..! haha.gif 
Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Guest spunrdneck
Very nice looking !!! I also ordered some red rim tape :)

What brand of tail bag is that ? It looks to fit perfectly.

that is a chase harper tailbag... it actually fits as if it were made just for the FJ09! it has hooks with bungee cord that clip on the luggage rails. they tuck into a zippered compartment when not in use and becomes a backpack! holds my freeze out inner jacket liner (XXL) and my slime compressor plus a bunch of bungees and tie downs.  Made in America with an unconditional lifetime warranty, pretty sweet really! I will do a review in "gear review" thread soon. bought it here for $68 24FE503E-790B-49A8-AF6A-A838DD57AB61.jpg

Guest spunrdneck
I wasn't a fan of the black stripes on the side of my FJ so I got the ones from the red model (drmk designation)... I think they look great and they match all of my red accents while appearing factory. the background of the decal perfectly matches the grey plastic as well... very happy with this and the decals are only eight bucks each from the dealer.  ::) thoughts? comments?

Looks great! Though it still wont be as fast as a real red one.... just saying..! haha.gif 
Ty

yeah, I am comfortable at the back of the pack... and out of sight from cops! :P

I am trying to make up my lack of red HP with high performance carbon fiber items like gauge trim and motor bolt covers!

Gold makes it a "John Player Special" edition.... :P IMG_02191_zpsdqcc0tmu.jpg
That looks really good...... I tried to put silver rim tape in the recess of that plastic cover, the same as you've done, but i could not get it to go round the bend in there.

How did you manage it ?

Gold makes it a "John Player Special" edition.... :P 
That looks really good...... I tried to put silver rim tape in the recess of that plastic cover, the same as you've done, but i could not get it to go round the bend in there.

How did you manage it ?
I've used a hairdryer to heat it up a bit which makes it more flexible...

I've used a hairdryer to heat it up a bit which makes it more flexible...

Ah, i shall try that..... once i decide what colour rim tape to use on the wheels, then i'll use the same colour on that recess. Did think about gold myself, as the forks are gold, although they are a more orangey gold. I have the same matt grey bike as yours.

Archived