Handlebar-mounted top-box...

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
This neat little bag - actually a bicycle fitment Zixtro Z4 - has a hard case and is splash-proof.   It carries a useful 4L or so - enough for my mobile phone, camera, Windex spray for visor, notebook, and similar small items for a day-ride, with room for a folded-up pair of long-cuff gloves if thought necessary at any time.  With it being 'up-front' I can readily access the camera if needed without dismounting.  
It cost me a heavily-discounted $15.   It's mounted on an aluminium 'tongue' that I fabricated from some 40mm x 3mm flat stock that protrudes back from the centre part of the handlebars, and the bag is secured onto the tongue by a simple but effective little catch, a moment's work to unlatch it for removal.   In the pic here it looks [em]huge[/em], but it's not, and of course it's placed so that it offers no interference to visibility of the control panel or access to the fuel filler... 
Lawrence of Suburbia [em] (‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

2015 Matte Grey Yamaha MT-09 (FJ-09) Tracer – now at 3138km – Grip Puppies; Stebel Magnum audible warning device; Skene P3 rear lights set; Knuckleguard LEDs; Seat Concepts seat.[/em]
http://i.imgur.com/K3GEIVp.jpg

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
That is an interesting little setup! it looks really handy. Btw, what do you have strapped to your brake fluid reservoir?
Cheers
Looks like a garage door opener. 
10/ 10, figjam!   You can also spot the Grip Puppies on the 'bar grips: 2" spot mirrors mounted outboard on the OE mirrors: and [em]faux[/em] carbon display panel surround.   All of which allow me to go faster, smoother.... L of S

Looks like a garage door opener. 
10/ 10, figjam!   You can also spot the Grip Puppies on the 'bar grips: 2" spot mirrors mounted outboard on the OE mirrors: and [em]faux[/em] carbon display panel surround.   All of which allow me to go faster, smoother.... L of S

Nothing makes a bike go faster like purely aesthetic upgrades. I spent $1200 on an exhaust. That was dumb. Should have added some carbon fiber!

Archived