New Yamaha Tracer 9 GT+ software update

Hello forum,

I wish you well and awesome rides in 2024.

Moderators,

I think this is the right sub-forum to post this. If not, please move to the correct place.

My question is related to the new v2.40 version that came out on December 27th. I just saw it and decided to go for it. Installation is easy though it takes a few minutes to complete.

The problem is, I really don't know where to find the release notes. As I can't ride at the moment, the 1st think I could test and look for is that now, MyRide - Link APP connects to WiFi and BT without me needed to force it on the phone which didn't happen quite often before.

For me this is already a plus, since I often found myself in need to take the gloves, open the jacket, take the phone out, connect and gear up again. NOT good on the rain after stopping for fuel for example and it happened EVERY TIME, obviously :)

Could not find anything different on the menus from a quick inspenction. I don't know if this updates also mess up with fuel/air mix or other mechanical stuff.

So, anyone knows something about v2.40? I know it is not yet available on every country.

Note: the file NAME "006-B3195-00.update" is the same as previous update for me but it is a newer version. The last update date was the give away clue.

Edited by RomKnight
some errors

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, RomKnight said:

My question is related to the new v2.40 version that came out on December 27th. I just saw it and decided to go for it. Installation is easy though it takes a few minutes to complete.

I'm curious, how do you install software updates on the bike? do you use a flash drive via USB or is it Wi-Fi?  My GPS can be updated via Wi-Fi, a few times I have arrived home and pulled into the garage within range of my Wi-Fi and a message popped up on the Garmin screen alerting me of an available software update.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have a GT+ as well, so also curious how to update and where did you get the file?

And before updating I would also like to know the release notes, as I tend not to repair anything that aint broken.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/pt/pt/service-support/connectivity/ccu-updates/

Note this link is for Yamaha Europe, Portugal webpage.

You simple download the file, put it in a usb drive formatted as exFAT, go to the motorcycle, put ignition to ON (no need to start the engine) and insert the USB drive in the USB port.

Go to APPS, Settings, System Update, select "Yes" and wait (it'll take a few minutes but it has a progress meter so you don't despair :)

• Thanks 1

Italian site is in english, but no details either.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/ie/en/service-support/connectivity/ccu-updates/#

But it is in the smartphone connectivity part, so don’t think it will do anything on the bike itself.

Can’t find the same on my dutch site, so doubt this is a worldwide update.

Edited by Fleng